Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

I had no trouble going into school the next day, It didn't bother me the stares I got, or that some people were whispering, I just ignored it all like I normally did. It felt even easier doing so having Cheryl beside me. The day passed without any problems, although I was sick of people asking If I was okay. Every class I went into I was asked, Every teacher I passed asked, pupils were asking. I suppose it was nice to know they cared, but I was there in school, If I wasn't okay, I wouldn't have been there.

I spot Cheryl at her car and she notices me too as she starts walking over towards, she wasn't in my last class so I told her I'd meet her at her car.

"Hey Kimberley!" I turn around when I hear Justin's voice just as Cheryl gets to me. "Hey" I smile and he screws his face at the state of my face.

"Damn that looks nasty, are you alright? I heard what happened yesterday, I've been meaning to get you at some point today but you weren't in any of my classes today"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Looks worse than it is" I lie, In all honesty, I am in alot of pain, but I don't want anyone to know that.

"Yeah Kimberley, I know when you're lying" He laughs. "You don't have to pretend with me" He smiles kindly, and I nod, I should'nt really push him away, he is nothing but kind, probably one of the only guys I know that is genuinly nice.

I laugh and then realise that Cheryl is still standing beside me.

"Oh this is erm Cheryl, she just moved her last week" I tell him, introuducing them both.

"Hey Cheryl!" he says offering her his hand, which she kindly shakes. "I'm Justin"

"Nice to meet you Justin" she smiles.

"Likewise. Anyway, I best get going, I have a meeting with the coach in 5 minutes" He says waving us goodbye and walking away.

"He seems nice" Cheryl comments once he is out of sight. "Cute"

"Yeah he is, he is my ex" I tell her and she smiles.

"You went out with a footballer" She winks and I tilt my head and roll my eyes.

"Yeah, we went out for about 4 years, most of my time here" I said, thinking back to when times where easier, I was happier. I was just a normal kid, getting into trouble, skipping a class here and there.

"wow 4 years is a long time, what happened?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I fell out of love with him, I don't even think it was love to be honest, He was more like just a really good friend, it came to the point we were just together but there wasn't that spark, you know" I say and she just nods. "and then my dad, brother and sisters died and I just cut myself off from everyone, didn't want help, just wanted to be on my own, so we split"

"That's a shame" She sighs "At least he is still nice to you though, some others could take a leaf out his book" 

"Yeah, you won't meet many like Justin that's for sure, when we were together we were like the beckhams of the school, everyone liked us, everyone wanted our attention and it was funny because while everyone wanted to be like us, and wanted to hang out with us and everything else, we didn't want that, we liked staying in and watching movies, going out to the cinema, just quiet things, none of us were up for getting drunk every single weekend, he trains hard, his dream is to become a footballer"

"You were that popular?" she asks amused and I nod as I take a seat on the bench that we are stood next to.

"Yeah, you wouldn't think so now eh" I laugh and she shakes her head. "it was never me, I don't even know how it happened, Danielle and Lisa were always the bitches of the group, but I spoke to everyone and anyone, I was nice to people, I treated people how I wanted to be treated, suppose not everyone looks at life like that"