Chapter 4

Chapter 4

'She what?" Cheryl asks eventually.

"I'm not going to say it again" I tell her. It was hard enough telling her once.

She goes to say something but stops herself.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I should Go." I say standing up quickly and Cheryl is right up after me.

"No Kimberley stay! I'm glad you told me, I'm sorry I was just a bit shocked, I never expected you to come out with that" She says and then her eyes widen once more as she brings her hand up to her forehead.

"Oh my god! That's why you got upset with what I sai... Oh god I'm sorry Kimberley" she says, as she pieces it together.

"You were right though weren't you" I tell her and she shakes her head, coming over and standing in front of me.

"No! I wasn't. I have Father issues" she says letting out a nervous laugh.  "I was just letting my anger out, I know that everyone's story is different and I know its not easy for some and from what I already know about you're life, you're mam's had it pretty rough"

'But she's selfish" I say admitting it out loud for the first time. She is selfish and I know she has had it pretty rough, Bullying is a horrible thing to go through and it obviously hit her pretty hard and then she lost the love of her life, 3 of her children. But she stopped Caring about me, she hasn't stopped to think about how I'm coping, after all I lost my dad, my brother and sisters.

"She just needs help" Cheryls says as she edges me back to the sofa and taking a seat beside me once she's sure I'm not going to leave.

"She doesn't want help. She doesn't want to be here, I've come to accept that but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. She might have stopped caring, but I won't ever stop caring about her" I tell her truthfully. My mum is all I have left in this world and I can't allow myself to give up on her, even if she doesn't want my help. I will carry on trying my best to help her.

Cheryl is just about to say something when her door goes, we both look over and Cheryl stands up.

"Its probably the pizza" she smiles as she heads off to answer the door, giving me enough time to try and pull myself together. I don't want to start crying and land all my troubles on her, that isn't fair.

"Pizza" she smiles as she comes back with a large box. I smile back at her as she sits down.

"Thank goodness I am starving" 

We eat the pizza and we change the subject, I think Cheryl could tell I didn't want to go into my life anymore. I was glad when she decided to talk about music instead.

"So who's you're favourite artist then?" She asks as she takes a big bite out of her pizza. That was an easy question.

"Beyonce" 

"Oh my god, she is amazing, I love her too" she says, her mouth full but I understood what she said. Only just.

"I know, she is so talented."

"Who is yours?" I ask her and she waits til she has swallowed the last of her pizza before answering.

"I don't know really, I love beyonce, but I like listening to a lot of older music, like old RnB, you know like Aretha Franklin, Erika Badu" she says "I love music, all kinda of music, I don't really like saying I only like this kinda of music or that's not my type, I think by saying that you can miss out on a lot of good music" she finishes and I nod my agreement. Its so true. 

"I love musicals" I tell her and she puts the empty pizza box onto the floor and sits back and gives me her full attention again. It seems that whenever you talk to her she listens to every single word. Even if she is intersted or not, she still listens.