“Reception is crappy, but it gets by.”

“Wooow… ah, we’re almost on there.”

“Huh… didn’t even notice we went up the conveyor belt.”

“I’ll race ya,” Carol says while speeding up her walking pace.

“I’d rather not,” Alex responds, holding up the tray of drinks to make a point.

“Whatever, I’m going ahead anyway,” Carol says going to a slow run.

“Wait! Which stand do I go to?!?!”

With some distance away, moving even faster, “The one with a bunch of flowers and smells nice!”

I wonder if that’s what it’s like to be deeply in love… Alex thought, walking a little faster.

Damian is at behind the store counter, looking a little bored since it’s a slow day and the Section the store is in is quite crowded. His Talk-to-the-Hand rings and he answers, “Hello? Oh, hi Carol.  I will be in a few minutes. Hmm? ‘We’? Oh, okay, bye.”

            “Girlfriend?”

            “No, actually my… how’d you know I was talking to a girl?”

            The person listening  in responds, “I was testing some equipment.”

            “Don’t you have a lab for that?”

            “This is…uh…field testing…”

            “Sure it is, do you have a card or something?”

            “Umm…” the stranger, in casual attire plus a lab coat, rummages through all his pockets, “Here you go.”

            The card reads (with several oil smudges along the sides and part of the last name):

M.a.Lo.Hi. Tech.

Man-a-Lo-or-Hi Technologies

Kamren M

CEO/Reasearch and Development Head

            “Alright then, just leave me out of ‘field testing’.”

            “Ugh, fine.” Kamren leaves to go somewhere else.

            “Oh Damian~” is yelled out by Carol from a distance. She runs to and embraces him; She also licks his face.

            “I thought we agreed you’d stop doing stuff like this…” said Damian with a red face.

            “No, we agreed that I wouldn’t do anything perverted, and last time I checked this is a sign of affection amongst dogs.”

            “True, but the rule of licking does NOT apply to humans…” Damian looks behind Carol, “didn’t you say there was someone with you?”

            “She’ll catch up, also here’s your lunch.”

            Carol hands Damian the bag, and he checks the contents, all wrapped: french fries, three cheeseburgers, and some chicken nuggets; All with the McDonald’s logo on their wrappers.

            Astonished, Damian says, “They have a McDonald’s here!?!?”

            “Last one in the state.”