Prologue Part 1

Harry POV

The bookstore was nice and quiet, just like I loved it. I didn't do well with noise and chaos and I had serious anxiety when it came to actually interacting with strangers. The only people I was alright around was my family, my boss, and my three best mates – Liam, Zayn, and Niall. Anyone else and I would practically have a panic attack. In fact there has been a time or plenty when I was in high school that it got so bad that I did actually have a panic attack. Thankfully, when that happened there was always someone that I trusted there to help me, whether it was my best friends or one of my favorite teachers.

Right now, I was stocking the shelves with some of the new arrivals with a smile on my face. I read the back of one of the books, humming as I looked over the summary. It sounded pretty good and different. I wondered if I'd ever become a writer like I always dreamed of. I had a few ideas that I thought would be interesting and I even had a novel that I've been working on for awhile now, but I haven't let anyone read it yet. I was too nervous and insecure to share it with others, not even my mum or the lads. I had no confidence in my writing skill or in general, so I had a feeling that I would never actually be able to submit it to a publishing house if I couldn't even let those that were closest to me read it.

I sighed as I shook my head, putting the rest of the books on the shelf. This was no time to daydream of things that would never happen. All that gave me was depression. I bent down to retrieve another stack of books as the little bell on the door rang. I bit my lip, hoping that whoever it was didn't need my help and didn't have any questions until it was time for me to check them out. Sadly, I didn't get my wish. Not even close.

"Excuse me?" A feminine voice came from behind me.

I was still bent over and seriously nervous at this point. I didn't want to stand up. I didn't even want to answer the woman. If I could have my way, I would be able to turn invisible or just disappear in general to get out of this situation. I couldn't though. I was the only one working here at the moment. I took a deep breath and finally straightened up before I slowly turned to lay eyes on a gorgeous curvy woman with silky smooth cinnamon skin. She was wearing a black fitted dress that was sleeveless with see through lace at the top covering her very large cleavage, but still allowed others to have a teasing peak that came down to her mid-thigh, paired with killer black heels. Her outfit gave her an air of power and dominance that had me feeling beyond weak in the knees. I swallowed as I know my face turned a dark pink as I stared at this strong, powerful, scary gorgeous and just plain scary to me woman.

"Y-y-ye-yes?" I stammered like a complete and utter fool.

Her dark red lips turned up into a smirk as she stared me down. She took a step forward... and another and another until she was standing right in front of me. With the heels she stood almost at my height but I felt my body shake as I shrunk down some so we were standing at the same height. My eyes quickly diverted from her gaze as I felt my whole body heating up and nerves shooting everywhere in my body.

"Can you tell me where the... Buckman Street is? I got a little lost." Her sultry smooth and so powerful yet soft at the same time voice asked me. I almost collapsed as I could smell her lovely scent radiating from her. I gulped and slowly looked up to somewhat reach her hazel brown eyes staring down at me.

"Y-yeah... It's... a few minutes... down the road... and... take the.. first u-um... right... after the light... and... when... u-uhh... you pass... o-over the... r-railroad tracks... it'll... be on... your left." It took forever to stammer out the directions as sweat beaded on my forehead and my voice cracked as if I was going through puberty all over again. It was so embarrassing and I was expecting for the woman to laugh at me or say something mean at how stupid I sounded but when I looked up at her, she was smiling almost fondly at me. I swallowed as she ruffled up my unruly curly hair some – the mere gesture that almost had me fainting – before her lipstick wearing lips opened once more.

"Thanks, cutie. If I wasn't running late for a meeting... I'd stay longer and chat with you. You are just so precious... and just so... delicious looking. I hope we can meet again soon, loverboy." She practically purred before she swiftly and gracefully turned on her heels and strutted out of the shop with so much command as if she owned the place. Don't even get me started on the way her body swayed. I was drunk on her curves of her body. There was just so much in a good way.

As soon as the door shut behind her glorious behind and she was out of sight, I let myself collapse onto the floor with a groan. As scared as I was of her presence, I still really hoped I could met her again one day...

-

-

Liam's POV

It was another dull and stressful day at work. I worked for this company as well... I was nothing and nobody important. All I did was do whatever I was told. Filing paperwork, making copies, typing up business briefs and proposals that other's wrote and well... I was basically the office slave.

Even though, I had my own stack of work to day each day, it was routine for me to receive stacks of work from others... As in work they were supposed to do. It annoyed me to no end and I wish I could say no to them, but I just couldn't. Not because doing their work was also part of my job, but because I always had a hard time saying no to anyone. I always had that problem since I could remember. I was a human doormat and everyone knew it. The only people that didn't treat me like that were my family and mates. Sure, sometimes they did use that fact against me to do things for them, but it was simple things like asking for a ride somewhere or some bus fare and it wasn't as excessive and evil as my co-workers' requests.

Typing up the last of my proposals, I was thrilled. I was going to be able to actually get out of work on time for once! Well that was until my manager came walking my way. I bit my lip, hoping he wasn't coming to me.

Please don't give me more work. Please pass me. Please please please pass me. George isn't doing anything, go to him. Please?!

I internally begged only to be sorely disappointed as Mr. Chambers stopped right in front of my desk with that fake grin of his. "Hi, sir..." I softly trailed off, trying to sound as pleasant as possible.

"Hey there, Liam. You know that the company is getting taken over, right?" He asked, not even allowing me to open my mouth before he continued so I just nodded my head. "Yeah, well the new head bosses are coming in on Monday and want to see the last six months progress reports during the meeting with all the managers and directors and such... I know it's almost time to head home and it's Friday and I shouldn't keep you here later again... but could you make sure these reports here are in proper order?" He smiled as he set a box full of thick binders full of paperwork on my desk. I knew it wasn't really a question as I just stared at him with wide eyes. "I would do it myself, but... it's date night with the wife and she'll be upset if I cancel on her... you understand, right? Of course, you do. So could you handle this for me? You can even take them home with you and do it over the weekend, so it won't take you too much time. I'll make sure to reward you, promise. Maybe a bonus or an extra vacation day added to your stored up vacation days? Just let me know what you want later and I'll try to get it for you. Thanks, Liam. You're my best worker." Without letting me say a thing, he was on his way back to his office, probably to gather up his things to leave.

Softly groaning, I rested my head on my desk. I couldn't believe he was doing this to me! Oh, I was going to ask for the vacation day and the bonus with how much he runs me like a personal servant. I sighed as I took out my phone, I really needed to get out tonight after this. I needed a drink... maybe two. I wasn't much of a drinker and I really shouldn't drink much, but today I needed a couple.

It was almost seven as I texted my mates, letting them know that we I needed to get out tonight. They knew how much I hated my job and how stressful it was and they were always trying to get me to go clubbing or to quit because of it, so I knew they would be thrilled to go out tonight with me. I really needed a break... and to learn how to say no. Maybe one day I will get the courage to....