Chapter Sixteen

After the skating, we had lunch in the café next door. Or as Hikaru called it, 'commoner's eating place'.
"So when you graduate, what do you want to do?" He asked after he finished his mouthful of food.
"Dunno. Tour guide, maybe? I've seen a lot of places." I said.

"Where haven't you been?"
"Um... I've never been to Afghanistan or Antarctica." I shrugged. "But who would want to?"
"How can you be sick of it?"
"I'm not saying where I've been wasn't amazing but I'd like to call somewhere 'home'." I explained. "I think Rinda wanted the same too."

F**k! Why did I say that?! This is bad, really, really bad!!!
"Who's Rinda?" He asked as predicted.
"J-Just an old traveling buddy of mine." Sorry, sis...
"I guess she didn't come to Japan with you."

"No. I haven't seen her for about a year." I could feel the depression creeping up on me again. I will not cry, I will not cry...
"That's too bad. Did she mean much to you?" When will the questions end?!

"She means more to me than life." I said softly and sadly. Then the car horn of the limo honked as if on cue and Hikaru and I piled in. Yes, there is a God!

Hikaru walled me to my door and gave an encouraging smile.
"My dad's a computer software manager, he could find Rinda for you."
"That's great but no thanks." I smiled back. I know he was trying to help but really, he was making things worse.

"You're kidding. She's the world to you and you don't want to find her?" He said. I know, it sounded like the most delusional thing to do but I don't want him to know the truth. It's too personal and dear to my heart.

"I believe we separated for a reason and I think we should leave it as it is." I said depressingly. "I had fun, thanks."
"You're welcome." He nodded, finally realising that he should leave it alone. "See you in class."
"Bye." We waved to each other and I watched the limo disappear into the distance before I went back inside.

That was close.

Luke was still cutting me out of his life and I was seriously getting sick of it. Whatever I did he could've at least told me.

I decided on taking it into my own hands and confront him to get it sorted out. He always hung out alone in the rose bush mazes; I'll go there.

"Luke, can I have a word?" I asked politely and took a seat next to him on the bench.
"Leave me alone." He mumbled.
"That's what I want to talk about. Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not talking." He turned away from me and started to walk.
"Luke." I stopped him by grabbing his shoulder. "All week, you've hardly even looked at me. And when you did, it was like I was something you'd find in a sewer. Tell me why."

"The advice you gave me sucked." He said.
"Why? What happened?"
"That time be asked me to hang out was just a plot to make fun of me for being bi." He frowned angrily and refused to look at me.

"Really?"
"Yes! They made me wear a dress, make up and recorded me." His voice was cracking, I wanted to cry for him.
"I'm sorry that happened to you but you can't blame me for that." I said softly.

"It gets better. Those two guys that came to the club that time and you saw them being mean to me..." He began tears threatening to escape.
"What about them?"
"They said that if I talked to you again, they'd post the video online." He then let out his emotion quietly and I quickly hugged him for comfort. That explains why he was avoiding me.

"Where are they? I'll sort them out." I said.
"Don't! They'll know I talked to you! I'm sorry for how I treated you." He cried into my shoulder.
"It won't be me. I know people who can help."

"What's the host club going to do?"
"Our goal is to make every one of our guests happy. That includes you." I smiled.
"But I'm not a guest anymore." He whimpered, his face still buried in my shoulder.

"You are my friend and I don't like seeing you this way." I said softly and Luke finally calmed his breathing and was able to look at me. What I didn't expect was for him to suddenly kiss me on the lips. My eyebrows widened in horror and I pushed him off angrily.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.
"I like you, alright." He admitted.
"No you don't, you're just upset." I explained.
"But I think you're beautiful and you're always kind to me. I like you."

"You think you like me but you're just befuddled and depressed over something different. Believe me, I took psychology." I chuckled towards the end and gave Luke another comforting hug. "Things will work out, I promise."

"You're the best." He exhaled and hugged me back. "No hard feelings?"
"None."