Chapter 3

Waking up was always the worst part, because you're dreams die with it. But, right now I'm glad I woke up, I don't think I could stand the nightmares anymore. 

I'm in a small room, it reminds me of a teenager's room, but definitely not mine. Why am I not in my room? Where Am I if I'm not in my room? I stand up and go to the door, and turn the door knob expecting it to be locked, but its, surprisingly, not.

There is a short hallway, which leads to a twisting set of stairs. I hover near the top of them and listen for something. But, the sounds I hear are nothing that I'm expecting, they're sounds of a larger family, probably eating breakfast, talking, but it all sounds so force, unnatural. The voices sound so familiar, but I can't seem to place them exactly. I glide down the stairs so that they won't creek, and give me away to these sort of strangers. Barely peaking around the corner, I find them all scrunched up around one tiny table, obviously meant for four and it is sitting six. I turn back to the hall, thinking about what I saw, two older people, the parents, most likely, and four of their children, one boy to be about seventeen or eighteen, and a girl looks to be about the same age. But the other two are younger and both are boys, one is around twelve, the second one probably nine. Again they look so familiar, but not exactly, kind of like I knew them a long time ago. Then it hits me, very similar to a brick wall.

Its Uncle James and Aunt Eliza, I haven't seen them in almost 8 years. Tears prick in my eyes, I remember them visiting, they used to all the time, but they just stopped and I never really knew why. I had tried to ask my mom why, but she just looked so sad and said that it was for the best. Another brick, this time it physically knocked my breath out of my lungs, I have to sit down and put my head between my knees to take a breath.... my parents is dead. I'm sure that they heard my wheezing in the other room. And I was right, soon there are arms around me hugging like my mom when I used to cry, it's probably just a mom thing, and I bet they all give great hugs like that. I slowly stop crying and stand up.

She talks gently, "You don't have to go in there and face them, I know it's hard to have people feel so much pity for you."

I just nod.

She softly smiles, and gives me another mom hug "You can go back to Laila's room and rest if you want, and I can bring you up something to eat."

Again, I just nod, and slowly make my way up the stairs to the room I was previously in. I sit on the bed curled up in a ball, and just wait, not for the food just for it all to be over. A few minutes later the door is opened and the girl that is around my age strides in, carrying a plate of assorted food. "Mom" I flinched, "sorry, I mean she didn't know what you wanted, so she just put a bit of each of the plate, she tried to give me a full try, but I reminded her that you are just one person, and aren't a werewolf at that, so that made her tone it down a bit."

She sets the plate down on the nightstand and sit down on the bed, and her face lights up, it almost scares me. "I have an idea." Oh no, if I remember right from my childhood her ideas were never good. "We need to get this off your mind..." she trails of, thinking of some absurd plan.