Chapter One

I remember when I had first noticed him. We were in English and Miss was doing the register.

As usual Miss had gotten to his name and stopped. She looked up at him, marked his attendance and continued on to the next name.

It had caught my attention that it had been four months since I had started at Whittington High. In those four months I had never heard his name. No one had ever said his name, or I hadn't hear it at least. People tended to stay away from him. He was always walking around by himself. In many ways he was like me; friendless and isolated.

He had his own corner in the classroom. No one sat anywhere near him. He had his hood down very low and his head was bent down too. I tried to bend my head so I could get a look at his face. I slide down my seat and craned my neck.

Just a little more.

I had slid down too far and slid completely off my seat. I landed on the floor with a great thud! As I tried to get up from the floor I banged my head on the table.

As I tried to get out from underneath the table I realised I couldn't. I tried again but I was stuck. My hair was stuck onto a big blob of chewing gum. As I struggled I noticed that someone had crouched down and was staring at me.

I looked in front of me and saw Miss Jennings glaring at me.

"If you're done fooling around, perhaps you could rejoin the class?"

"Err, yeah, I'd love to but I kind of have a little problem."

"I don't care, get up!"

Miss Jennings grabbed hold of my arm and tried to tug me out underneath the table. She kept on tugging which caused my head to keep on painfull being pulled. Why was this chewing gum so strong!?

"My hair's stuck onto gum!" I screeched loudly. Miss let go off my arm and stared at me furiously.

"What foolishness!"

Eventually I managed to get out of chewing gum's death grip. The janitor came and removed the gum from my hair. Luckily I didn't have a bald patch.

The worst part?

I still hadn't managed to see his face.

***************
I've just randomly posted this. Probably won't keep this up