Detention.

So today was the second day of school and it really couldn't really have gone any worse. Earlier today in homeroom Violet walked in and said something to piss off Jeremy so I replied with a big old "Fuck you." and Jeremy called her a bitch, which she is. I guess we weren't the quietest when we said it so we got detention, on the second day of school. And it wasn't like Violet got in any trouble. No, teachers are too scared of her because her dad is the school's principal. I fucking hate this town.

Besides that the only other noteable thing was my art teacher showed up today for a whole wopping ten minutes. And it wasn't the first or last ten minutes because this place is fucking stupid, No, she came in, sat down, said nothing and then just got up and left. I wondered if she was even the teacher.

Currently I was walking into my seventh period class which is gym. I remembered where we were yesterday so I guessed that's where we would be again today. On my way over the bell rang so I picked up my pace so I wouldn't be marked tardy. There was no point in doing that because the coach arrived 15 minutes late.

She called out our names and when she was done she told us that if we wanted to we could play basketball with the freshman across the gym. I was honestly shocked when half the class got up and went over. What was so appealing about basketball was beyond me.

Maybe about twenty or so minutes passed when I got tired of watching other seniors dominate the freshman at soccer so I decieded to take out my drawing notebook and start drawing something new.

I was never good at thinking of what to draw so when I felt like this I just drew random things and lines until I got a picture of what something could be, but it wasn't working this time. Whatever I can do this in detention.

Suddenely a thought came into my head that I wish came sooner, no one in my family knew where I would be after school and if they knew I had detention then they would probably kill me.

I panicked and reached for my phone to text my mom.

"Hey, I'm staying after school today for an art project and I'll probably be home by five."

"Ok sweetie, have fun."

I finally got so bored I decieded to get up and walk laps around the gym. I get up and walk down some stairs and walk by praying not to be hit by a basketball but they seemed to keep it where it was supposed to be.

A whistle blew in my ear and I had another one of my famous heart attacks. I turn around and see my coach.

"Where do you think you're going?" she spat in my face.

"I was just walking."

"Well you can just WALK back to the bleachers or go play basketball, those were the instructions."

I look sideways like I'm staring at a camera from the office, can you believe this bitch?

"Sorry." I say and didn't mean it, I walked back to my seat and felt a little embarrassed. Whatever, I tend not to care what people think of me, they won't matter in thirty years.

I was staring out into the field and then they stopped playing because it was time to pack up. I look at the clock and it was 2:44 and we had only one minute until I was in detention. Yay me.

The bell rings and I was one of the last people out. I stopped at my locker and grabbed my bag. I take out this pink slip I got this morning and it told me to go to room 2000.

I walk up the stairs and into the classroom where Jeremy and some teacher were in. I sit down and I thought it was probably best that I didn't sit next to Jeremy.

I look out the window and all of the busses were leaving and going to drop people home. I was officially here after school and here for another hour. Ugh.

I take out my notebook and draw a flower which was always my go to picture. The teacher walked by and whispered in my ear, "This isn't art class, put it away."

"Sorry." I say and roll my eyes. I had no idea who he thought he was but all I wanted to do was let him have it.

As expected, we were the only two who were stupid enough to get detention this early into the year. Back in Baltimore, calling someone a bitch or saying fuck you was worth a warning or a "Don't do it again." It was so stupid to be here for something so petty.

Eventually we got so bored and Jeremy was staring at the clock waiting for it to strike four o'clock. Which was in like thirty seconds. I gathered my stuff and waited to be dissmissed.

"You may go now." The teacher said.

Thank god.

Jeremy stands up and waits for me at the door, "And how was detention for you?" I ask.

"I'm a regular in there, this school thinks they can crack me but they're wrong."

"How are we going to get home?" I ask.

"Kevin is waiting in the van outside to drive us both home."

"Ok." I say.

We both walk outside and found the van. He opened the door and I got in first.

"Jeremy I know where you live but where do you live Cassidy?" Kevin asks.

"I'll show you after we drop off Jeremy."

We drive and the radio was tuned to some local rock station. I was paying attention to it and they started screaming. This wasn't really my type of music but I didn't want to ask him to turn it off.

The van stops and Jeremy gets out. He drives a little more, "Make a left up here and then a right." I say.

He turns and goes a little forward, "It's the last house up ahead on the right." I say and point to a white house with red shutters. My mom was outside watering some tulips when he stopped at the curn in front of my house and I got out.

"Thanks for the ride." I say.

"Anytime."

I open my gate and walk pass my mother, "Honey who drove you home? Was it a friend?"

"Yeah mom it was a friend, a really good friend."