He rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

He just didn't want her to be lonely.

I sighed, my alphas going soft.

"Alpha, I have done some research, and I found that the only other supernatural creatures out there strong enough to possibly beat a werewolf would be a vampire, but we would have sensed the vampire on our lands, and a werewolf cannot mate with a vampire."

Tyler nodded, "I had done some research myself. Jake, I really don't know what to do anymore. This girl, who is supposedly my mate, is now some strange supernatural creature that neither of us know about, and this same supernatural creature is also destined to be the Alpha female of this pack. Let alone the fact that she is my second chance mate. What if this girl is a witch of some sort? and she has cast a spell over me to believe that she is my mate. What if-"

"Alpha, with all due respect, I think we are over thinking this. If she is some supernatural creature, she either doesn't know, or is hiding it from us on purpose. Maybe she already knows about werewolves as well? I think we should just wait for her next move."

"No, I am not going to wait any longer. I am going to speak with her tomorrow, and she is going to tell me everything, whether she wants to or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leila's POV

I looked around, dread in the pit of my stomach as I arrived in the children's hospital. The smell of death was weak, but gradually got stronger as I passed more and more rooms. I let the smell guide me, trying my best to ignore the stench of bacterial wipes that burned my nose.

I eventually was led to a room with many family members standing outside, all teary eyed and clutching on to one another for emotional stability. Children, adults, elderly, all standing together outside the room that was beckoning me to come in.

I did, reluctantly so, and almost collapsed at what I saw.

A bald, young girl as pale as snow lying on the bed. Her eyes closed, her lips purple. Her mom and father holding her hand on either side of her bed, her younger sister laying by her feet, clinging on to her legs over the blankets, tears rolling down her cheeks. The dying girl couldn't be older than 13, her sister no older than maybe 5.

The only sound in the room were her parents cries and the slow but consistent beat of the heart monitor.

Anguish and sorrow slithered its way up from the pit of my stomach like a snake, crawling up my throat, rapping around my lungs and making them burn. I couldn't breath, I couldn't face myself with the situation at hand. I was the one who had to stop the beeping on the heart monitor. Ruin the lives of these parents, the young sister.

No one could see me, but I still felt as if they were looking at me, begging me not to end the life of their young daughter.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, I tried to hold in my cry as I neared the young girl, placing my hand over her barely beating heart.

I didn't know what sound would haunt me more.

The long drawn out beep of the heart monitor, or the strangled cry that came from her parents.

I quickly teleported myself to the woods, needing to let out my emotions.

I was angry, sad, and over all miserable.

I used my wings to fly into the crisp night air, breaking tree branches and lifting large boulders, only to throw them down at the undeserving ground. I felt so angry and frustrated with myself. I was a monster.