Chapter 3

That night i had vivid dreams of clour, of ancient walls covered in ivy, blurred faces and anoverwhelimng sense of happiness. When i woke up, i layed dreamily in bed desperatly trying to hold onto the dream. Slowly my eyes drooped and i felt myself begin to doze off again, until i hear a tentative tap at my door. Propping myself up on my elbows i saw Maria peeking her head through the door with an apologetic frown on her face. "Im sorry to bother you Miss but there's a young man here to see you, he says his name is Harrison?" Crap! I had forgoteen, scramblign out of bed as quickly as i could i ran past Maria to my closet. "Could you take him to the parlour i'll be ther in 10 minutes tops!" Scrambling frantically i grabbed a white pleated sundress and navy cardigan. Hopping around the room i put on my white wedges, a blue rribbon belt and a matching headband, Grabbing a delicate silver necklace i rant he brush trhough my hair once, twice before walking quickly out of my room and down the stairs to the parlour.

The Parlour was a bright room, with plush couches and cofee tables, i peeked around the door to see Harrison sitting on one of the cresm couches with a cup and saucer of tea, with an arrangement of mini-sandwiches, desserts and cookies delicalty arranged on a silver platter in front of him. He was dressed in cream cargo pants and a tight white shirt with vans and ray bands on his hand. He was staring down with his mouth opened and eyes wide. I giggled at his expression, not used to seeing people in my home, as privatly home-schooled i didnt meet many people and the people i did i liked to keep sepearte fomt his side of me. As i walked in, his head snapped up and he stared dazedly at me for a moment before shaking his head as a pink blush tinged his cheeks. Placing his tea down gently he stood up and smiled shakily at me. "Hi Arabella, thankyou for inviting me.. your house is.. beautiful" Feeling much more comfortable i gave him my biggest smile and glided over to the couch kissing his cheel before settling down on the opposite chair. Looking up at him he was frozen in the same position as before "Are you okay Harrison? Is there anything i can get you?" Shaking himself once again he sat down as he regained some composure, i wondered why he was flustered even more so than yesterday. He opened his mouth to speak when Maria walked in with a fresh pot of tea to replace the now stewed one. "Thankyou Maria" I smile dup at her and she gave me a fleeting smile before heading back to the kitchen. Picking up the tea i faced Harrison "Right im ready, tell me more."

He straightened himself up and cleared his throat looking me in the eye "So you already know that their are special people called Elementals who had power over an element. We send young Elementals to train at the academy from around the age of 12, its a boarding school in London, well the gates in London, i'll explain that later.' Anyway your about 16/17? And i don't know how but you have been overlooked but that still means you have to go and trained, don't worry you wont be put inany younge ryears your just going to have to work a bit harder to catch up, i did it too i was 15 when i went." He looked at me expectantly, i took a deep breath absorbing everything before i nodded for him to continue. 'So basically if you agree, which i need you too, in about 1 week i will take you to the Academy and you will begin your year. There is no tuition fee and all books, food is paid for. You dont have to wear a uniform except for PE and your robe for formal events." 

I closed my eyes for a second it was all coming very real. Trying to be calm i smiled at Harrison who had become more comfortable as htalked even lounging against the cushions i noticed amusedly. 

"Okay" i sighed. He shot forward eyes burnign with intensity and such a big smile on his face i stifled the urge to giggle. "You will join? Really Arabella?" I laughed a little and nodded. He jumped up and pumped the fist before doing a little dance. "Im the best scouter.. in the world!" I couldnt keep it in and began to laugh, hiding my face in my pals as i giggle uncontrollably. Finishing i smiled up at him "Okay, Okay anything else i need to know? Did you really only say a week?" Stilling grinning he nodded untila thought crossed his mind "Ugh Now i need to tell your parents, i know im gonna stuff it up Do you want to call them to come have a chat?" I winced of the thought of having my parents talking with Harrison about magic. "Dont worry about it, i will deal with it." He raised an eyebrow "Are you telling me your going to explain a world you dont really understand about to your parents, and try and convince them to send you to a foreign boarding school they have never and will never be able to see?" I looked him staright in the eye and straightened up "Of course not, im going to lie" I winced at the thought og his reaction hoping he would  think too badly of me, i usually tried not to lie but there was no way my parents would believe this.