3 | The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend

It had only been an hour.

An hour before the first confrontation and in all honesty Winnie had begun to grow bored in the last twenty minutes. Thus when she saw Wells Jaha, she couldn't help herself and the fact that he was with Clarke Griffin of all people, it was too good an opportunity to miss.

Her grudge wasn't healthy but it did keep her entertained as she walked away from the Blake siblings to meet Wells. Her movement seem to spur another group on and when she saw the person leading them was no other than John Murphy she understood why.

John Murphy had power already and she felt an odd mix of pride and lust, people following her was like a drug to Winnie, people meant power and power meant everything.

Wells had none, his reputation would have worked in the structure of the Ark but now, if Winnie were him, it should be something to bury deep behind him, "Well, Wells, I must say I am very surprised to see you here."

"Stay out of this." Clarke demanded prying her eyes off the map and  tilting her head slightly to look at the oncoming group.

"Was I talking to you princess?" Winnie taunted, she had heard the nickname being used and it suited her, although she might like blondie just a tad bit more, "I think Wells here can speak for himself. But I am surprised to see you as well Clarke. Don't think we have ever had the pleasure of being introduced, Winnie Scarfone. Or maybe your people don't like to mix with people like me."

Clarke thought about how to reply, she had heard of Winnie and if she was being truthful what she had heard disturbed her. However she didn't need to say anything, "You should all be happy we're here-" Wells began to say but he said exactly the wrong words.

"Happy!" Bellamy retorted, "Sorry but the only reason I could ever be happy your here is so the privileged can do the work for once. You seem to be obsessed with your map, you know the way, go get your own damn supplies."

Winnie agreed along with the crowd. A good sign she thought, they agree with her mentality - not completely - but just enough to be interesting, the flicker of low morals was enough for Winnie to cling ahold of and have fun with.

"It's a twelve mile trek, we need all the help we can get and we need to leave now if we have any hope of getting there before sundown." Clarke tried to be inspiring but you can't just tell a group of criminals to do something with such a flat voice. Winnie looked at the way she carried herself as well, shoulders back and head high on her shoulders, she reminded Winnie of an angel. Her blonde hair a beacon of light in this forest, and her pitch never wavering or uncertain, Winnie hated her already.

"Bye then," Winnie spat whilst waving goodbye, "Safe journey really, just you two, would be a real shame if anything happened.

Winnie wasn't nice, she felt the rush of blood to Wells' cheeks in her own heart however instead of shame, she got a kick. Murphy thought he wasn't nice either, he shared the love of humiliation - when it wasn't his - with the witch.

He watched her but most importantly he listened to her. He concentrated hard for the sound of her tongue running along her slightly uneven teeth showing her pride. He waited for the occasional smack of her rosy lips together, a rarity as normally they never touched, showing that the girl had grown impatient. Murphy liked to listen, he believed he was good at it is. The truth is he is, he can never listen to himself. If he could, he wouldn't have done his next move.

John Murphy punched Wells Jaha so hard that many of the crowd will swear they heard a bone crack.

The mood of the whole camp divided, Winnie felt it. The slight unexpected initial step back of Clarke, the keenness of Murphy's gang, the excitement rising in their stomach and the curling of their fists and finally the sternness of others, namely of Bellamy Blake and Winnie herself.