Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"

Start from the beginning

"So I was wondering if I will be seeing you at my interview. I did ask your friend and have had no word yet. She gladly though gave me your number, I hope you don't mind." He said. Harper shook her head nearly bumping into someone as she dodged through the crowds. "Not a problem at all. Sure, I'll be there."

"Fantastic news. I'll see you there. It will be nice to catch up. I mean so much has probably happened." He said with joy. Harper cringed at that knowing for sure a lot had happened. "Well Good bye." He added.

"Yes, see you soon then." She said. Well that was nice she thought, it had been a while since she had seen Ethan and the last time didn't go as well with James literally forcing her out.

When Harper reached back she placed his coffee back down on his desk where he was sat writing upon his laptop. He looked up smiling, that knowing look in her eyes making her blush. In doing so as she stood back, her ankle went as she fell with a thud onto her bum. James immediately got up racing to her side, however instead of the embarrassed reaction he was expecting; Harper laughed. She burst out in laughter causing James to only laugh back as he held his hand out.

"What am I going to do with you?" He laughed back as he pulled her up, however his grip wasn't strong enough as she only fell back with a thud as well as pulling him down with her. James crashed upon her laughing as he rolled over to his side. "You're so clumsy" He informed her. Harper only reacted with laughter as she rolled over to him embracing her arms around him. "And that's a bad thing because?" She muttered. James cocked his eyebrow as he tilted his head to face her. "Actually saying that, I...like that you're clumsy, you did in a matter get me down on the floor, now whatever are you suggesting Miss Daniels?" He winked causing Harper to blush as she rolled her eyes getting slowly back on her feet.

"Oh no you don't." He announced pulling her back down. "You can spend a moment with me on the floor." Harper lay back as they both lay looking at the ceiling, his one arm draped around her shoulders. And that was how it was until James had to go to a meeting.

Though that didn't stop the fun, as expected as his PA, Harper had to join and throughout the whole entire meeting. James wasn't his usual aggressive self instead he would glance over with knowing stares, his lips curling causing Harper to blush. At times she would have to cover her lips with her notepad afraid that the people around the conference table would notice her blushing cheeks. At one point he even made a mistake.

"Erm, right. What was I saying again?" He smirked to himself, his hands casually in his pockets as the people around the conference table just stared in awe cautious of his rather calm composure. Not once did he bawl, shout or speak over anyone. It was only his playful stares over to Harper that made this meeting more fun and when everyone did leave he only made her back shudder in delight as he pressed his front behind her wrapping his arms around her.

Then their fun had to die down, James had to get on with serious work leaving Harper to her own and causally running his errands like reminding him when his next meetings were. By six she was still there and waiting for this next meeting he had planned for her to go to, without no doubt she couldn't honestly wait for things to come after. Harper at one point could feel her eyelids drop heavy as she yawned as she glared at the computer screen. James leaned against the wall watching her with a smirk plastered on his face that she didn't even notice until he approached over.

"Time to go. This one is out of town though. So grab you're stuff." He announced as he picked up the sticky notes on her desk and played with them as he flickered them. Harper nodded turning off her computer and grabbing her bag before she joined James within the lift again. At one point the lift stopped as people entered or exited until one familiar face entered. Elliot smiled as he spotted Harper joining up to her side excluding the fact that James was there. It was not like he knew anyway. James suddenly went still, his hand hidden far behind his back clenched.

"Harper!" Elliot chirped giving her a hug. Harper smiled back. "Elliot! You're late today, I thought you finished earlier?" Elliot shook his head smiling. "No, I had to stay behind, catch up with stuff." His eyes then only caught James was standing with a wearily eye upon them. "Mr Brewer. I didn't quite see you there. Good evening." James just grunted in response looking a way as he bit on his tongue.

Harper shrugged her shoulders slightly smiling before the lift doors opened on ground floor.

"I'll see you around. We'll have to see about that second date." He chuckled heading out. Harper smiled nodding though soon stopped noticing how James frowned after Elliot.

"You better not be." He said through gritted teeth. Harper sighed, afraid by her new confidence. "Behave, he's my friend." Before smiling at him. James rolled his eyes quickly reaching for her hand as he squeezed tightly then let go as they exited out towards his car.

James was driving himself and headed off quick, giving her no chance to even relax back. Harper watched as they passed through the city heading further within, the night settling. James looked calm on the outside but inside he was shitting himself, tonight this was the first time he had done anything like this. There was no going back, he needed to try and that was what he was planning to do. He had stopped from going with Taylor back to her house last night so that was a first. If it was up to the other part of him, he would have slept with her and insanely regretted nothing. It was his nature, a player, the guy who broke hearts. Before that deal he was in tabloids, on social sites about apparent women he was dating and then the shock break ups but each one he broke their hearts and he had no guilt. Now he was stepping out his comfort zone. No they weren't going to a meeting but she didn't know that, instead he followed those dam stupid guidelines.

They stopped outside near the entrance of alleyway, Harper frowned looking around. "Where are we?" James bit his tongue as he got out leaving her to question him further until he held his finger against his lip. "Ssshh. Just be calm, okay?" He smirked. Harper nodded following him behind as he stopped outside a large brick building situated on a street, opening the door he allowed her to enter first. It was eerie inside, no lights were on and she instantly grabbed out onto him clawing her nails into his arms. "James, why is it so dark?" He only chuckled holding down onto her shoulders as he led her forward.

"Just keep going. My client is rather keen of saving energy." He lied. Harper carried onto until she noticed a flicker of light coming from around a corner. As soon as she rounded the corner, she opened her eyes in amazement.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :) Please VOTE, COMMENT and share if you love Miss Clumsy and the CEO. I want to announce thanks to you guys, my book currently stands at #38 in romance ranks which is beyond amazing considering the amount of books out there. So thank you. As ever you guys rock and I am literally addicted to Wattpad, I AM ALWAYS CHECKING to see all your comments!!!

Thank you

VAMPIREFANGRULES