3 - The Revival of Lola

Start from the beginning

For her to be so focused on water her mouth was incredibly dry and she found herself repeatedly licking her lips.

She inspected his arms next and deduced that they were strong from physical activity and work. The skin was smooth and slightly tanner than the rest of him and those sexy veins guys had decorated his forearms and Danny was tempted to trace one with her finger. His hands were large and, though she couldn't describe how this made sense, turned her on.

She didn't have a fetish for hands or anything like that but the hands on the young man in front of her looked skilled and big. There were mysterious bruises on his knuckles but even those Danny found attractive.

"Give it a try."

He was speaking to Aubree but his eyes remained on Danny, watching her shamelessly as she took all of him in. Danny tried to hide it, but Ray saw the shiver pass over her skin as he spoke and he was glad the feeling was mutual. It was muffled due to the rain and the windows being up, but while he was working under the hood he could distinctly hear her laughter and it was the most angelic noise he'd ever heard. It was light and carefree and it did things to him a simple laugh shouldn't have been able to do. It was teasing and sweet and whenever he had the chance he found himself watching her through the crack between the hood and windshield.

Aubree turned the key in the ignition and cheered excitedly when the engine roared to life. "Oh my god I love you!" she yelled, clapping her hands together and hugging her steering wheel. "What was wrong with it?"

"The transmission is going out. It should ride for another week or two but expect this to happen again. I'm thinking you need a new car."

"Ha! That's exactly what I keep telling her!" Danny gloated, sticking her tongue out at Aubree who flicked her off in return. She smiled and turned her attention back to Ray and it was only then that she realized he was still standing in the rain.

"Oh God you're soaked. Here, get in the back." Danny unlocked the backseat but Ray didn't make a move. He didn't want to get the seats wet but he knew the real reason for his hesitation was because he liked the close proximity between them.

"I should really be going. I've got a train to catch."

"Well hop in! The least we can do is give you a ride," Aubree said, her tone of voice making it clear she wasn't taking no for an answer. Resisting the urge to lean forward and kiss Dany, he moved and slid into the backseat, nearly too big to fit. His knees hit the back of Danny's chair and she scooted forward as Aubree pulled away from the curb and back into Chicago traffic.

"So whats your name?" Aubree asked as she drove towards the Blue Line.

"Ray."

"Danny you liar! You said it was Charlie!"

"I thought it was!"

Ray wanted to interject and explain that it was a nickname but for the first time since receiving it, he was ashamed of it. He was the youngest person active in the Mafia and a lot of the older bosses often teased him and called him a kid, saying he was as innocent as Charlie Brown. Now, the once harmless nickname was the name behind countless attacks and deaths and was one that was feared in the underworld. He didn't regret it, he was actually proud of it at times, but for some reason, he didn't want Danny to know that.

"Well, Ray, thanks so much for fixing my baby. I'd give you some cash if I had any on me. If you want I can just drive you to wherever you need to go. That way you won't have to take the train and you'd at least be benefitting from the car you fixed too."

"The train is fine."

"Well we've got to repay you somehow," Danny insisted, turning in her seat so she could face him. Ray perked up some and Danny smiled softly, her cheeks flushed.