Try Outs

Alex p.o.v

Three days or so after finding the poster, try outs begin. I walk into a poorly lit room with Scar and Kell by my side. A hand full of people sit by the open bar with drinks in hand, awkwardly staring and looking around as we make our way to the stage where other band members gather their shit and stage hands pull and place different instruments onto the stage. We walk over to the owner of the bar.

"We're Wasted Color, the band, we saw your poster and wanted to check it out. I'm Alex the lead singer." I said extending my arm to shake her hand introducing myself "and these are my band mates, Scar, the lead guitarist and Kell, the bass player" i gestured toward them and they shook her hand as i said their names. "Nice to meet you, Wasted Color" she said scribbling something on her clipboard "My name is Jessica but you can call me Jess, two other bands called in but only one other actually showed up..." She came off as kind but very busy as she looked down at her papers and stuttered a lot, very, uhmm.. frazzled. She smiled and excused herself to check on the other band. None of us actually noticed the other band until this tall green eyed messy looking guy stood up with a black electric guitar in one hand like it was as light as a feather (but really they weigh like 100000 pounds). I think i felt my jaw drop as i continued to check him out. Brown messy hair, lip piercing, a smile that can blind a pilot. 

"Alex!" Kell shoved me genitally and i was brought back to reality

"Hey, hello, I'm here what happened" I responded insanely quickly and looked up at kell's face. A good few seconds pass until someone actually says something 

"You could be a little less obvious when you're checking that guy out." Scar mumbled to me, I shoved scar to shut up when I noticed the band was walking toward us. I swallowed the lump in my throat and i felt the anxiety rush up my body and down my finger tips as they hide in the sleeves of my knit black pullover sweater. 

"Hey, I'm Nate. Were Injection." he introduced himself and looked directly at me

"Hi i-im Alexandra but you can call me Alex" i stutter and smiled nervously

"We're Wasted Colour. I'm the lead guitarist, Alex is our singer and Kell's the bass player" scar cut in to help me out with my awkward shyness. She smiled in the direction of the tall blonde, he kind of reminds me of a more punk version of Austin Bulter. 

"And I'm Matt, i play bass and Owen here plays the drums" The blonde smiles and hits Owen on the back playfully. Owen has black hair and carries his drum sticks in the back pocket of his jeans like a true band boy. 

Our awkward introduction gets cut off when Jess walks over to us a little more calmed down then before "So you guys met! That's good! We're going to have Injection get on stage and play at least one song for my new bar that will be opening up in Drum Roll Please!!" In a blink of an eye Owen pulled his drum sticks out of his back pocket and gave Jess a drum roll on his lap while everyone else just used their hands "New York, New York!!!" Jess cheered with a big grin on her face everyone gasped and we all looked at each other and couldn't hold back how pumped and shocked we all were. "As exciting as this all is we have to get to work and I need Injection on stage asap" Jess hyped up and gestured to Nate to get on stage by shooing them. The boys hop on stage and Nate wraps the guitar strap around his shoulder and brings his mouth over to the mic center stage, holding the mic with his right hand with a pic in between his fingers. Introducing their first song Nate smiles and says "This one is called Tainted Love" he pulls away from the mic and everything starts mashing together.

The girls and I pull up a seat and wait until its our turn to go up, amazed on how good they sound we all just sit their in awe. Or maybe that's just me. Their set shortly ended and it was our turn to go up

"Wasted Colour! You're up!" Jess smiled nodding us toward the stage as my heart flutters and my stomach drops to the ground. Just me and my music, don't think too much Alex