2//Damon's Dance.

The day of the masquerade ball arrived as the Lockwoods hastily rushed for the party in a few hours. Ash rubbed her head, finally waking up from her sleep. She looked around once again realizing she was not in Florida. The dipping off the queen sized bed caused it to creak as Ashlynn stepped off, walking to the mirror and brushing her hair. She had never been much of a morning person, Ash wakes up usually around 12 or 1 P.M.

A shimmer from the corner of the room caught her eye. Her body had done a 360 degree turn, gazing at the dress her aunt had left out for her. She stared for awhile before walking over and picking it up. The small pieces of the divine crystal were very shiny, smooth as her fingers traced over the stitching. Ashlynn wasn't used to wearing such expensive clothing, let alone dresses. Mason rarely let her go out, scared the vampires would go after her. Mason's daughter was his most important factor of his reason to live;she made his life whole.

A knock on her wooden door gave Ash a fright, dropping the dress to the ground. "Ashlynn, dear? Are you awake? It's 1 o'clock in the afternoon," Carol called from the outside of the door, Ashlynn walked to the door and opened it. "Yes, Carol, I'm up and well." Ashlynn lazily smiled, her sleepy haze still having it's effect.

"You have to get ready soon, people are arriving in less than 6 hours," Carol commented, walking into Ash's room.

"And? I have plenty of time."

"You have no idea what work we need to do! Even Tyler is helping with this...it is what Richard would've wanted. The masquerade ball was always his favorite."

Ashlynn mentally groaned at the mention of her uncle. Richard was always an asshole to Tyler, she absolutely hated seeing him treated like that, even more when her father wouldn't let her talk.

Meanwhile, the Salvatore boarding house was buzzing. A knock at the door by Bonnie Bennett alarmed the gang that the witch has arrived. A plan was brewing from both sides. Katherine making her intricate details to her plan, always having a backup just incase. The Salvatore's had a desire to kill, it had to be done, that's why it shall be done tonight.

Caroline held the door open for Bonnie, grimore in hand. "Hey, I got Stefan's message." Bonnie told Caroline walking in, seeing Stefan waiting just ahead. "You brought the grimore, thank you." he told the witch, she looked at him skeptically, wondering why she needed to bring her spell book. Damon and Alaric were looking over weapons, Bonnie looked and gave Stefan a look. "What's going on?" she asked, waiting for an explanation, finally. Jeremy passed by, casually saying "We're gonna kill Katherine." Bonnie looked shocked.

"I can explain," Stefan replied.

"Please,"

"We're...gonna kill Katherine."

As the light began to drain from the sky, the guests begun to arrive. One by one, they were greeted at the door by wonders and food on platters. Tyler and Ashlynn stayed in her room for a bit longer.

"So, how has Greyson been?" Tyler asked his cousin, holding his head up with his hand. Ashlynn looked back at him from her mirror, rolling her eyes. "Don't even get me started on the rocks-for-brains asshole. We broke up 2 weeks ago, he had apparently been sleeping around with some flag twirling color guard skank." Ashlynn growled fixing her dress. Tyler hadn't know much about Ashlynn, but her and Greyson had been together for 3 years, he had thought they were still going strong.