Continuation as a book?

I first started writing this short story in January 2015, as i was getting tired of all the pretty girls who thought they weren't pretty and the bad boys who fell for them immediately. And so i wrote this as a sort of mini-parody(lol).

But i stopped mid-way, because of some personal problems and totally forgot about the short story that was stowed away on my laptop.

In July 2015 , i stumbled upon it and thought to myself, You know what, let me take a look at it.

Before i could though, one of my classmates came across it, took it away to read while i stood beside her blushing and being totally uncomfortable (as my writing feels very personal to me), and she fell in love with it and begged me to finish it. Followed by two other friends of mine who too fell in love with my short story and they too begged me to finish it.

So i did, and in the first week of August, i published it and here we are.

A massive thank you to everyone who has voted and commented on this story. It means a lot to me as this is only my third piece of writing after a 377 word short story, and the prologue to a book, both of which are posted on Wattpad, and so as an amateur writer, it feels great!

On seeing all the feedback i'm getting, i'm thinking of making this short story into a full-length book. What do you think?

I do have an idea of what's going to happen so give me until mid-September to start continuing this story as i want to plan out the rest of the book along with character profiles - as i didn't even think that i'd be even making this short story into a full length novel. 

Thank you once again :)

Hugs and Kisses,

Alka 

[which, in case you were wondering is pronounced as AL (ull in null), and KA (ca in cannes)]