How can I make you believe me?The voice pleaded.

I was about to tell it that I want to see it when it spoke.

Ugh. Is there really any other way? Look, you can’t see me ‘cause I’m inside your head. I can hear your thoughts and read your mind. Of how I came into being, I don’t know. All I ever know is that you are my creator, and my best friend. Deal with it.

I hated the voice now, especially when it told me to “deal with it”. I’m not gonna deal with anybody today. I don’ want to cry anymore.

I finally agreed with it. Yeah, yeah. I believe you. Just don’t bother me.

Yay! It shouted.

But deep in my heart, I really felt that I was so insane. I knew I was just conversing with myself, because I need someone to talk to. I am mentally broke. Though I was glad the voice had stopped torturing me, I wanted to be sure I wouldn’t hear it ever again. I ran down the stairs jogging, my tummy tumbling here and there. Father saw me come down the stairs and laughed at me. I gave dad one of my best tasting sour look, and continued to the door. When I was outside, I made way to Angelika’s house, the only person who understands me. But she isn’t counted as my best friend. In fact, I am the only kid here in Georgia with no best friend and managed to keep only one friend. And it was all thanks to Ruth, and my family, who kept on ruining my reputation where ever I go. I hate hearing those rumors they started. The children around the neighborhood would stare at me like an alien because of those rumors. How I abhor them. How I would love to kill them.

That’s a bad idea Kathy. You shouldn’t think of that!

Oh man. Why are you still there? Why are you bothering me? Didn’t I promise myself not to bother the brain again? I thought, as I stopped walking.

Why would you promise to yourself? You still don’t believe me don’t you?

Duh.

Ok, then. I won’t bother you again. But someday, you ARE going to believe me.The voice said, emphasizing the word “are”.

This time, I wasn’t sure if it was just me, or somebody else had entered my brain.The name’s Voice, and I’m officially your best friend. Oh, and in case you might think I’m a ghost, I’m not. Because you created me.” the words rang into my head, giving me a slight headache. When I gazed at my surroundings, five pairs of curios looking eyes glared at me. When I smiled at them, they ran away and shouted “freak”. I wasn’t sure what they were talking about, but I’m certain it was me again. Me, me, me, me, me, me, ME! Why does it always have to me? I heaved a sigh as I continued on walking; hoping Angelika has answers for me.

Chapter 1

 It is the first day of classes in a boring school. Well, maybe not boring, but its worst. People laughing at my fat figure, classmates discriminating me again, and a witch (bitch) making my life harder than ever. But anyway, I’m used to it. I’ll just stick in one corner and weep. Everyday, for the rest of my life. Maybe for eternity, but no one knows.  My family is a plus. A plus to hell, where I am tormented by their insensitive words, like Gods prosecuting a mere little fat mortal. And they’re not helping. Often, I look at them as the devil, coming to get me, and I’m an angel, protecting myself from them. But the story in my mind always ends up defeated by the meanies. I never won.

My daydreaming became reality when a familiar came to view. As I had said, my life is a hard one. And one of those who keeps it going harder is about to meet me, again.  The witch (bitch) with her band of meanies (bitches) are going straight in my direction. Another day of endless cruelty. Trying to avoid any criticism I would get, I rose from my seat and sat at the rear end of the class. The witches (bitches) smiled, and sat on my seat, aligned in a column. Of course, the leader is seated at the middle part, where she could get all the attention, including Jason Tyson, the basketball pro. Idiots. I mumbled, as I stared blankly at the column of bitches (witches) laughing merrily, staring at me once in a while and making weird faces at me. At the same time, trying to get Jason’s attention, flirting with his friends. Hah. Multitasking. I never thought bitches can do that. Well, Ruth is an exception, the main leader of the meanies. Aside from her pretty face, she’s also a skilled pianist and an expert at sports. Intelligent too, but not wise. Well, that’s what I pretty much hate about her. She is everything the opposite of me. No wonder why everybody is disgusted with me. Even my family, whom I think aren’t worthy to be even called my family.