Chapter 5- How I met him

RACHEL'S POV

How could Elijah not remember me? he was my everything. how could he just forget me like that? was i not important to him at all. I was in my room sulking about Elijah when i heard a knock on my door. "Who is it?" i said as i looked up. "It's Damon" i wiped away my tears and said "Come in" i said as he entered in. he looked at me and said "What happened? you've been quiet ever since you came back from the grill" "Oh its nothing" Ii said.

"well Rachel i know that we have not talked in about a hundred years and i don't know anything about your life but you know you could tell me anything you want" he said "I know" i smiled "Ok so what do you want to eat?" "I'd like some blood" Damon stared at me like i said something wrong. "I am a vampire Damon" i smirked. he shrugged "Sorry, i forgot about that. so what do you want? we all all blood groups!" "Well id actually like some bunny blood if you have it" "So you are that kind" he said with a smirk. "What kind?" i asked "Stefan" i started laughing. "Well I don't like killing people Damon" i smiled. He went down and got me a bottle of blood.

I drank it and felt nice. Even though I was never really keen on drinking blood, I had to drink for my survival. "So what is it exactly that you guys do here?" I asked. "Well I like the awesome person I am sit around, enjoy and sometimes help people" Damon said with a smirk. "Oh really?" I said "yes I do. And Stefan, He goes to high school I don't know why and becomes the hero and saves everyone"

"High school seems fun!" I said. "No it isn't,trust me" Damon said. "It will be Damon so I'll go too. Lets see how these human kids survive today." I said "Whatever you wish" he said "Get ready I'll drive you" "Thanks Damon" i smiled and he walked out. I didn't want to go to school, i wanted to divert my mind from Elijah, I still can't believe that he does not remember me.
I wore my favourite pair of jeans, a white top and a black jacket over it. I let my hair open. I looked at myself in the mirror and said 'You will not cry about Elijah today.
I went downstairs and Damon drove me to school. As I entered the school I went to the administration office and got myself registered. I got my time table and went to my first class History, with Mr. Saltzman.
I knocked on the door and he turned towards me, "Who are you?" Mr. Saltzman said. "I am Rachel Salvatore,I'm a new student here" I looked inside the class and saw Stefan and Elena sitting there. Stefan was shocked to see me. I smiled at him. "Salvatore as in Stefan Salvatore's sister?" Mr. Saltzman said. " Umm... yes. I'm his cousin" i said. "Please come in, and next time don't be late" I sat through the whole history lecture. i mean i didn't care about it, I had already lived it.

As soon as the class ended I went out towards the corridor when Stefan stopped me. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asked me "I just wanted to see what high school was like! Hello Elena!" I said as I tried to ignore Stefan. "hi!" she said awkwardly. Just then Ii spotted someone I'll never thought I 'd see. "Oh My God! Rebekah?" I said walking towards her. she turned towards me. "Rachel?" she turned towards me and smiled. She pulled me into a tight hug. just then i turned around and saw stefan's face turn into a shock "How are you alive? I thought you died." she said shocked. "Do you remember that I fell down that day and you gave me a drop of your blood?" i said "You turned because of my blood inside you. that means you're a vampire?" she said

"Yes" I said with an awkward smile I was so happy to see her. "You two know each other?" Stefan interrupted us. "Yes" Rebekah said strongly "We were like sisters. She's from my bloodline" Stefan's jaw litreally dropped. "That's true" I said awkwardly. I think there was some kind of tension between Stefan and Elena, and Rebekah but I didnt know what it was. "I think I'm going to go!" I said as I tried to sneak away. "Hold it there!" Sstefan said as he turned towards me "What have you not told us Young lady?" "Oh look at the time, I'm late for my next class" I said as I turned around and started pacing. I did not want to confront him. As there was no one in the corridor Stefan used his vampire speed and stood right in front of me. "You don't want to tell me? Ok. When you're coming home tonight, I'll tell Damon and he'll make you tell us." he said blackmailing me. Damon was really annoying when he was persuasive. "Ok! Ok! I will tell you. But at home. It's a long story" i said defeated. "5pm and don't be be late." "I won't" I said and I rushed away.

As I was walking back home I saw Rebekah "Rachel. I think we should catch up." she said "I know, I have to talk to you Rebekah but I have to go home right now. I'll meet you at mystic grill at 9." I said. "Ok!" she said. As I reached home I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Well well!" Damon said sitting on his favourite chair in the living room. Stefan was sitting on the couch. "Rachel, you have some explaining to do!" he said. "Ok! Here goes nothing" I mummer under my breath. I sat down on the chair. "Ok first of all you have to promise me something" I said "You have no time to ask....." Damon was about to say something when Stefan interrupted him. "What is it?" "You both have to promise you wont judge me as I think you had a problem with Rebekah." "We do. But ok, go on" Stefan said. I told him about the time I ran away from home and met ELijah at the train station. "Waitaminute You and Elijah.......?" Damon asked.

I nodded embarrassed. I couldn't lie to them anymore. Stefan made a disgusted face. "I think I'm going to throw up" Damon said. "Shut up you both! I loved him and he loved me! I knew who he was. I wasn't afraid of him or his family." I said "Ok. continue" Stefan said finally trying to get himself together. "So..." I started telling them about my birthday and how I fell down, Rebekah gave me her blood, I saw the ring in Elijah's pocket, Mikael came and killed me, how I woke up in a burning room. Both my brothers were quiet after that. "And you know what the worst part it? I met him yesterday" A tear was about to roll down my eyes "And he didn't even remember me" I completed my sentence and I started crying "It's ok" Damon said "I'm going to teach him a lesson" Damon said getting up. "You're not going to do anything Damon. Something has happened to him. he was going to ask me to marry him and now he doesn't even remember me. something doesn't add up" I said "Promise me you won't touch Elijah." I said as I walked towards him "Promise me." I said angrily. He nodded "And you too Stefan" "Ok!" Stefan said. "I have to go out right now. I have to go meet Rebekah." I said

"Why?" Damon said " I have to talk to her" I said. As I was about to leave the house I said "And when I come back, Please tell me what is the problem with you and the Originals" i said. I took the car and drove to Mystic grill! I saw Rebekah sitting on a stool near the bar. I went there and sat next to her. We talked for an hour about what I had been doing the past century. "I met Elijah yesterday" I said "Oh" her face turned sad "And he didn't remember me. why didn't he remember me?" I said.

"The day you 'died' Klaus and I dragged Elijah to the train to escape. He was miserable with you. he had stopped talking and turned it off. he kept on feeding on humans for hours and hours. Klaus took the ring Elijah bought for you and hid it inside so that Elijah could not see it. He liked this Elijah but I didn't I found the ring to turn his emotions on. When Elijah's emotions came back his pain came back and he turned miserable again. there was no cure to the pain he was suffering from when he lost you. He was broken. Then one day we met one of the most powerful witches to ever exist and asked her for her help." "What did she do?" I asked "She erased you from Elijah's brain. He didn't remember you anymore." "You can compel an original to forget" I said "But a witch can remove a part of your memory"

This meant that for Elijah, him and I didn't exist I was just a stranger to him.

__________________________________________________________________________

I'M SO SORRY GUYS ! THERE HAS BEEN A LOT GOING ON IN MY LIFE SO I WASN'T ABLE TO UPDATE. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I PROMISE TO UPLOAD THE NEXT SOON. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

Xoxo, Lavanya.