Chapter 28 : Unveiling the truth!

Start from the beginning

"What do you want me to do?" I wanted to end this discussion and listen to her.

"Move ahead, in the wait of someone obsolete you may miss out on the right one. I had asked you a few months back to meet Mathur's daughter, consider it. Give it a try. Before trying do not judge, if you still feel a no after you meet, it is your call. I promise!" I sighed to her in return.

"Fine, I am leaving to Delhi in fifteen days for an event at the DU,"

"Perfect! She studies there," my mom jumped out of joy even before I could complete.

"But this will be the last try, you have to second your own words," she nodded her head and turned to move out.

"What is her name? It is weird to address her the way you do," I opened the laptop and my mom chuckled.

"Anjali Mathur," she smiled. I had no expression as I heard her name.

It was almost seven in the evening and I was listening to music. The event at Delhi was not a small one. This was more like a platform for all the event organisers around to take part. A contest kind of thing precisely. Andy had compelled me to take part in this because he had seen a winner in me, quoting his own words. This was the first ever time one such event was happening. The details were pretty brief. Andy had told me not to worry. I bet he knew what it was all about. My phone rang and disturbed the silence in the room.

"Yes, Payal...yes, I am alive. How have you been?...that's great, oh is it...no no, not busy, I was.. Anyway leave that..now? Okay, I will be there in half an hour.. No I won't ditch it this time, I promise..sure," I hung the call and got up to get ready. They both were going put for a dinner and they wanted me to join, rather insisted me to join.

I reached the restaurant by half past eight and went in to see Payal glowing and beaming with happiness. She jumped as I reached the table go give a hug. I then turned to Nishant who landed a punch on my tummy as a trade mark. I smiled and occupied the chair that was empty. General talks happened and I teased the two of them, things went on fine.

"Mom had called me Mayank," Nishant said and I turned to him.

"She is worried about you," he placed his hand on mine.

"Did she tell you everything?" I asked.

"Yes, she did mention Mathur uncle's daughter," he nodded his head. I rolled my eyes and sat folding my hands.

"So what have you thought?" Payal asked.

"She wants me to meet her once and if I still tell a no, she would not bring it up ever. So," I paused.

"So you are going to meet her and tell a 'no' even though she is good. Right?" I gave a smile to her question as an answer.

There was a silence for a while and I broke it.

"So, how is Tanmay, I heard he has not moved back to.." I did not know where he had come from.

"Delhi," Nishant completed the line. "That is the reason why I did not want you to go to Delhi then," I raised my brow and formed an 'o' in return.

"He is hunting for a job and a place to live here. He came up to me the other day to discuss about it," Nishant said.

I thought for a while and handed a card to Nishant.

"Give this to him, and ask him to meet the guy this Wednesday. I will talk to him tomorrow and get things ready. He has a job to offer and a place to stay as well, that should definitely help him. Keep the card," I gave it to him.

"You are just insane Mayank," Payal seemed not happy.

"You are not ready to move on, are you?" She intrigued.