Chapter three

I went to get the kids after school to bring them to the warehouse for the next few hours so I could finish up for the day and I just couldn't wrap my head around what had happened. My kids however where beyond excited when I had told them about my day and interesting customers.

"Mom your serious they where in the shop?" Sarina my oldest daughter had questioned.

"Yup then I took them on a tour, then they bought some stuff and left." I looked at her and she was about to squeal. "I also asked them nicely if they would sign something for all of you."

"OMG! That is so cool! My mom knows the avengers! No one is going to believe this at school!" She yelled out and then the phone came out and she was typing away.

The other three in the back were also yelling out with excitement. We get to the warehouse and go into the office. Each kid has a small set up with a table and chairs to do their homework after school. It was a common thing for the kids to be there in the office after three. I settled in to do some paperwork when I hear my name being called from one of the work rooms. I go and check out what is going on.

After I settle the small scenting issue I head back to my office when I'm paged to the store. I wondered why as I almost forgot what had occurred earlier in the day. I don't often go into the store unless there is a major issue. I'm more of the brain behind the scene then the face of the product. So I change direction to go to the front of the building where the store is instead of the back where my office is.

I reach the front and open the door to look up into a set of piercing blue eyes.

"Oh hi! Mr. Renner," I said,"it's great that you came back." I said kind of backing up. Though he is not a super big man he can be a little intimidating. "I put the stuff I picked out for girls over here." As I started for the shelf behind the counter.

At that moment my son and oldest daughter come running into the shop with the two others trailing not far behind.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! You have to call the principal back he just called and said it was extremely urgent that you call him back! Oh hello." Sarina said when she looked at who I was helping. "Omg! Your Hawkeye!" She then screamed....

"To be thirteen again. Please you have to excuse her. At least the others aren't screaming also." I said and he threw back his head and laughed. When he stopped he had the most breathtaking smile on his face.

"I get this a lot. However these guys are some of the best. It is nice to meet you all." He said and then got down to talk with each one. Gabby my second oldest who rarely takes to people even spoke with him, Cissi I thought was going to try to keep him there talking and rambling on but he didn't seem to mind, he even looked like he was enjoying it. I walked over to the phone and quickly called the school to find out what the principle had wanted. He wanted to inform me that Sarina had won a presidents award for her writing. As I looked at her and smiled she was still talking  to Jeremy along with the rest. I just stood back and watched as this strange man had enthralled my normally reclusive children. It was like night and day.

He turned slightly to start to say something to me when a rush of people started in all taking photos and flashes going off like crazy. I head for the door to the warehouse and they follow. Just to get away from the chaos. I know the store will be closing soon though I have no idea of the time I go back in to grab the stuff I put aside for him while he holds the door open for me. The kids have disappeared at this point so it is just me and him standing in the little hallway.

"That has to get annoying." I say.

"It is. They aren't usually this bad even in the big cities let alone in a small town like this one." He stated.

"Must be a slow news day. Of course everyone has probably told someone about this morning when yall where here and I guess they decided to see if you'd come back?" I was trying to reason it out,"everyone knows everyone's business here. That is rather annoying but to have people swarming like that, I don't know how you guys do it."

"You kind of get used to it. I'm thankful for the fans and I try to do what I can for them but it does get annoying when I go to get soap for my daughter and well that happens..."

"You have a daughter? How old?" I ask.

"She's 2 now. My world Ava." He smiles as he speaks and pulls out a picture of her.

"2 is a great age. So curious about everything. She is gorgeous. Look at those eyes. Your going to have your hands full with that one." I say returning the picture.

"Like you do? Your daughters are so full of life and that boy of yours is one smart cookie." He looks at me again this time a chill ran up my spine,"those girls, you'll be beating the boys off of them soon."

"Yeah" I kinda frown a bit"I know." I smile once again and then hand him the stuff." I know that you must be busy I can show you out one of the side doors if you want?"

As we start walking we past my office with the kids in it each settled down finishing their homework. "You have got some great kids. By the way what did the principal want?" He asked.

"Sarina got the presidents award for writing." I smiled,"she is a great writer."

"That is wonderful! Well in that case I think I should take all of you out to dinner." He said.

"What?" I looked at him like he had just grown three heads.

"Dinner, that meal people eat at the end of the day. I truly believe in supporting young artist and an award like that should be celebrated. You never know she could be writing a screenplay for me one day." He said with a smile.

"Dinner? I guess that's okay. When?"

"Tonight. Now or a few hours whenever."

" I guess we could in an hour or so. I have to wait to see this new batch."

"Okay. I'll just hang around here if you don't mind. I'll help the kids with their schoolwork." He offered.

I shook my head as we parted ways him back to the office and me to a workroom.

What had I just done? Dinner with an actor? Like a date but to celebrate an award. Why is he doing this? I need to focus.

Time to get to work.