Chapter one: The Job

Beth's POV
I had woken up to loud knocks on my room's white wooden door, I immediately got annoyed by whoever was making such noise at this time of day. I looked over to my right to where the alarm clock was placed and after my eyes adjusted to what I saw was the time I quickly jumped up from my bed swinging the covers to my side and jolting to the bathroom, I now noticed that I was going to be late for my first day at Elsworth company, to be completely honest I couldn't believe that I landed the job it was almost like a dream when I got the call back.

After I took a quick shower and wet my hair to give it volume I dashed to my closet and picked out a dark blue dress that reached a few inches above my knees. Now being slightly ready I add some makeup to my face so I wouldn't look completely dreadful, I opened the door to my room to find that my mom was waiting outside I guess she stopped knocking when she heard my "oh shit" after I jumped out of bed. "It's your first day and you're already going to be late?!" My mom nagged me, I brushed past her waving her goodbye as I quickly went down the stairs and putting on the black heels that were on the floor near the front door, I stumbled out and got into my moms black Chevrolet and drove out of the driveway and made my way to the company as quickly as I could without getting in a crash or getting a ticket.

Arriving at about 8:47am when I was suppose to be here at 8:20 I park the car in the parking lot and speed walk to the entrance, fuck was it huge the building itself was beautiful and big as I made my way to the front desk I saw many professional people walking in and out of the company. I made it to the front desk and told the female my name and then informed her that it was my first day here at work, she looked me up and down seeing how I seemed to have rushed this morning since I was looking a bit crazy so I stared back and she then told me that the CEO was gathering the interns who were late in his office so he could let them know not to do it again. My face became slightly pale from the fear I was baring 'in trouble on the first day?!' I yelled in my head , I gave the woman a small smile and then walked to the elevator so I could go up to the very top floor where the CEO's office was. This building had 50 floors in total so that itself was impressive, I wait and wait and wait what seems to be like an hour before the people and I in the elevator got to the 50th floor I then walked to the double brown wooden doors that had a sign that said "CEO of Elsworth company" Heck I was terrified to walk in but I placed my hand on the doorknob to the right door out of the two and slowly opened it and peeked my head inside to see about 6 people who I guessed were interns and then I saw someone else, he was very handsome he had this lean muscular body and what I saw was a slight shaved beard on his beautifully shaped face. He was a god! I thought to myself as I walked in as all the eyes landed on me, making my way to the lineup the interns were in I stood beside a female who seemed taller than me I mean I was only 5'5, I looked around the room and made notice that this might be the most beautiful room I've ever been in. My looking around was shortly stopped by this deep and shiver giving voice as I looked straight and saw that it came from the CEO..even his voice was hot, I swallow my saliva and stare at him like all of the interns beside me were doing, "I see that you are the last of the interns, am I correct?" He asked with what was a English accent as he looked at me, I quickly then said not wanting to make things worse for myself "Uh..yes!..I think sir" he stared at me for a while and then walked behind his desk where his name was written on a glass that stood at the edge of the desk in the middle. "CEO James Elsworth" after he had sat down he dismissed the rest of the interns but me.