Chapter 1

"Emma if you don't get your behind back up those stairs this instant then I swear to god you can consider your allowance suspended for the rest of the summer" 

She didn't need to turn around to know who was speaking, or what they were speaking about. In truth Emma hadn't expected to get away with how she was dressed but it had been worth a try. The tiny denim shorts that hugged her ass were just too cute to remain in her closet unworn. As fashionable and as good as they looked on her though, Emma had to admit that her Dad's work barbecue probably wasn't the place to wear them. It was simply just bad luck though that her father had spotted her the moment she had reached the bottom of the staircase. 

"Alright, just know that I am doing this under protest" Emma said dramatically to her father who was standing not too far away, having paused what looked like giving instructions to the waitstaff. With an almost teasing smile Emma stuck her tongue out at her father before turning and heading back towards the stairs. It was a childish action but at twenty years of age Emma still had her moments of immaturity. 

"I wouldn't expect anything less sweetheart" Her father said with a chuckle of his own. Daniel Anderson, was one of the most successful businessman in the state, running and owning his own international marketing company. Emma was his only daughter and while he spoilt her, he also had very high expectations. For the last two years he had been trying to convince her to change from her arts degree to a business degree. It was a constant source to tension as Daniel was in many ways grooming Emma to take over his business when he retired. However in his words 'she needed to leave all those silly drawings behind and focus on the facts'. 

Today was the annual company barbecue that was held once year at their house, one of the many events that Daniel required his daughter to attend. Emma knew that this was not only so that he could show her off but also so that she could learn to mix with the right people and hopefully one day actually take an interest in company affairs. Emma didn't see that happening any time soon. Yet Emma knew better than to argue with her father about this. It was simply better to put a smile on her face, attend the barbecue and get in her fathers good graces. It was not worth the argument.

Heading back upstairs Emma headed straight towards her bedroom and quickly shut the door behind her. Glancing around the large room she walked directly to her closet and grabbed the first dress that she could find. Thankfully it would do and Emma slipped the cute blue summer dress on and changed her shoes to a pair of nude heels.

As she finished up Emma looked herself over in the mirror. No one could consider Emma vain but she also wasn't shy to admit that she was pretty. She wouldn't go as far as to say that she was beautiful but she knew that she was pretty enough to attract the attention of men around her. Standing at five foot four she had a petite figure, deep blue eyes and long dark brown hair that often fell in messy curls around her face. Today however it was pinned back with a few bobby pins and a thin layer of make-up covered her delicate pale skin. Happy with her appearance Emma turned away from her mirror and made her way back downstairs.

By the time Emma arrived back downstairs people had started arriving, mixing in through the main entry hall, through the formal living room and outside onto the large patio and garden. Thankfully her parents house was big enough to accommodate the hundred or so people that would be arriving. It was huge, residing in one of the best gated communities. Before Emma could head outside in an attempt to escape she heard her mothers voice coming from the front door. "Emma, darling come and say hello to Mr Jenkins". Her mother was a woman of class, always immaculately dressed with jewels that just radiated money. Janet Anderson had grown up surrounded by money, marrying into more money and never having worked a day in her life. Instead she could be described as a trophy housewife who spent her days between the country club, shopping, charity work and attending the many events she attended with her husband.