"Oh- I get it. " I smirked at her. "I'm glad you're moving on from Ryan."

She blushed and slapped her notebook on my arm. "Tucker is everything and more. More than Ryan ever was."

Ryan is her ex boyfriend. He was a senior when she was a sophomore. I personally think he treated her like dirt. But for the longest time he made my best friend happy. That is until she found him cheating on her- with Lisa McCray- behind the bleachers on graduation day.

There were times when he would have randoms acts of kindness, but over the summer Maddy made those acts of kindness into acts of hiding his cheating ways.

She was with him for 5 months, and it took her half of summer to finally let him go. Now seeing her all flustery with Tucker makes me a very happy best friend.

"Well, I am very happy for you Maddy. You deserve it." She smiled widely at me, and hugged me before we headed off to class.

~

Lunch came with a whirl and Maddy and I were in our own little bubble, her catching me up with what is happening with Tucker. Must I say he is adorable. I did have a twinge of doubt at first about Tucker. He is friends with Miles and Austin, sure they get girls, but they don't hump and dump or use them like Ryan did.

Maddy had to head off to her class so I was walking down the hall by myself when a supply room door flew open. It almost whacked me in the face but I dodged it. Out came Jaxon fixing his shirt and hair, and Lisa followed fixing her skirt, hair and lipstick.

I almost puked when Jaxon met my eyes but I was distracted when Miles caught up with me. "Hey, Ally." He called out. I turned and gave him a smile, ignoring the two sluts behind us.

"Miles. Hey," I breathed out. He literally took the wind out of me. His eyes a shining blue, his hair styled messily on his head and his smile dazzled me. Oh and you can see his muscle behind the flimsy blue flannel he is wearing.

"Hey, can I talk to you," He stopped looking behind me and raising his brows before looking at my amused face. He let out a laugh and took my hand leading me away. I felt eyes on my back and took a deep breath. I quickly looked back to see Jaxon looking at us with indifference.

I turned back and watched as Miles stopped and stood in front of me. "I uh, was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime."

Did I just here right?

"I- really?"

"Yeah, uh maybe tomorrow after school, I could drive us to a local cafe and we could get some cookies or something." He looked nervous, which is why a heartwarming smile appeared on my lips.

"Yeah, that sounds great Miles."

"Okay, well uh. We should get to class. I'll see you later."

I nodded and watched as he walked away. I couldn't stop the smile that was plastered on my face as I made my way to spanish.

~

I have a ritual of every Tuesday and Thursday going to the hospital. I stay for 4 hours talking to my mom about the things that are going on with me. Sometimes she doses off and I sit watching her peacefully.

She had been diagnosed with cancer, leukemia cancer, for about 5 years now. There were times when it was gone, but now it is in full force. I know the doctors are keeping a front to not have me break down in tears, but I know. I know she can't last much longer in the pain, in the way her body is dying while her soul lives on.

I walked in the room and was greeted with a face almost like mine. The only difference is the color of her eyes, hazel, and the way her face is so pale, she looks drained.

She attempted a weak smile when she saw me and I walked over to her and took the seat right beside her and held her hand.

"So how was your day, baby girl?"

"Good. Mom, guess who asked me out?"

"That Jaxon boy?"

"Ew, no mom."

"Why ew? You seem highly attracted to that boy my dear."

"Yeah but today he came out of a supply closet with a girl. It was obvious they just had sex."

"Well, not all guys are saints." I sighed and went back on topic.

"Miles mom. Miles Greene asked me out. We're going out tomorrow after school."

"Oh dear. That's great."

"Yeah, also Maddy finally got over Ryan. Well she did over the summer, but Miles has a friend Tucker, and she and him seem pretty smitten with each other." My mom let out a chuckled and I asked the dreaded question.

"How was your day mom?"

She looked at me with tired eyes, and gave me a weak smile.

She's getting worse.

"Pretty good." I gave her a weak smile and pulled out our favorite movie.

"Would you like to watch footloose?"

"Of course, pop it in."

Normally hospital patients don't get a dvd player with there cheap ass tv, but my mom has been admitted for the past 3 years, living her life on this bed, in these walls. So I asked to install one, and they did.

I popped the movie in and walked back over to her. I sat down in the chair and laid my head buy her shoulder.

"I love you mom."

"I love you too Ally. I always will." Then the movie started, while my fears rushed in.

Please let her live.