Broken

Staring at the ground before her was never that painful, loneliness eating her inside out as her heart shattered once more; an action that she thought would never happen again. But then, life was unpredictable, was it not?

They're so full of surprises; some good ones, and some bad ones. What she was experiencing, was definitely the latter. Nothing could build her now broken heart, nothing to collect and assemble each piece of glass covered with crimson red liquid. Her past savior was no more, gone from existence.

No tears can bring said savior back, no cries can bring her out if this misery. The loud clangs of fallen utensils on the floor would never help her to calm down. As she kneeled on the floor, she soon felt regret building up inside her. Lack of loving words and warnings to her love one was the cause of this horror.

She was careless; and because of that, she had to live her life in darkness and shiver in this cruel, cold world. The warmth that she was always feeling before will never exist ever again. Her happiness was now extinct.

Memories flooded her mind all of a sudden, the first time she got her love of her life, the first time she marked her, the first time she kissed her, and the first time that she decorated her with her touches. She prepared herself for another round of silent sobbings when she remembered them, her lips trembling, her eyes filled with nothing but helplessness.

She was now useless, blank, an-

"Oh my God, Taeyeon, stop exaggerating!"

She heard the familiar loud sound laced with annoyance but she ignored it. She continued to drown herself in depression, her face pale.

Her moment of drama was interrupted by a black, thick book with 'ART DIARY' engraved on the side of the cover shoved in front of her, her eyes now twinkling with new found happiness, her supposedly never-coming-back emotion now surging through her veins.

She had now completely forgotten about the sketchbook on the ground covered with dirt, the book that she claimed was her soulmate crying of why Taeyeon had easily ignored it.

The blonde was now flipping through the pages of her new sketchbook, her fingers tingling in excitement.

"Now that you have a new one, can you please stop whining and looking like a hobo these few past hours and just come inside? It's freezing cold out here," her girlfriend huffed, hugging herself with her thick sweater on, and turned away to walk back to their house.

Taeyeon nodded and was following suit of the brunette, but not until she looked at the poor sketchbook on the ground. She didn't hesitate to grab it from the ground and looked at it lovingly, the book filled with her first drawing from when she was a kid.

'No way am I gonna leave you here,' she thought, and went back to their house with joyful steps and an unbroken heart.

---

I suddenly remembered about my cousin who threw my old sketchbook to the ground, and I came up with this. ^^