I Do

Here I am, my heart beating wildly.

I stare at my reflection, the dress that I'm in is too tight, and I feel like I am suffocating.

But, that feeling can never compare to how nervous I am right now.

I hear a knock, and soon my father's voice fill my ears.

Are you ready?

I don't know.

I just wish I can get this over with so I can see you.

I stood up carefully, afraid to ruin this attire I'm wearing that is worth a few thousand dollars.

I turned to look at the man before me, and I gave a small smile of assurance when I watched as daddy looked at me worriedly.

I walked, and hugged my father tightly, his arms soon felt like it's crushing me to bits, and I laughed.

The hug lingered for a few minutes, and I let it.

I knew what that embrace meant.

It is time, Miyoung-ah.

I merely smiled, a shaky one.

I hooked my left arm around his right, and exhaled. I felt a kiss on my forehead, and my father grinned proudly, his chest full of pride.

I'd never believed that today would ever come in my life.

I remembered the times that I was so blind by it all, the dramas that I-we've faced, the ups and downs, but it was all worth it.

I remembered the times when you had gone through so many obstacles and difficulties to reach your goal.

I remembered the face of determination that you had on everyday.

And I remembered the first time that some simple words that had meant so much more had gone out of your  mouth, your  voice trembling in fear yet it had made me feel convinced.

I remembered it all.

The melodic sound of a piano snapped me out of me out of my reverie, and I realized that three dozens of eyes are staring at me, probably in awe,

But I only cared for the gaze coming from at the end of the aisle.

The people inside are smiling widely,

But I only cared for that gentle smile that is directed only for me to see.

My feet are trying to be elegant, and I kept my graceful act, but on the inside, it's a massacre.

My stomach are doing somersaults.

My brain is sizzling.

My heart is pumping rapidly.

Whispers of admiration reached my ears, but they meant little to me.

I only want to know what you are thinking about right at this moment.

I felt my father letting me go with tears in his eyes, joyful tears.

I know that he had given me away to someone else's possession, and I felt grateful that he had given permission for us  to be together.

Finally, we  faced each other.

Your orbs that are sparkling with excitement stared into mine, and I wish I could just melt under your  smoldering gaze.

I realized how attractive you look, more than usual, and I could juat grovel at your feet.

And I realized that the part that I've been waiting for had finally come.

"Do you, Taeyeon Kim, take Tiffany Hwang as your lawfully wedded wife?"

I waited.

Silence ensued the room.

Then your  mouth opened.

"I do."

I can't take it anymore.

I threw myself to you, and crushed my lips to yours.

Everyone cheered.

But they don't matter to me at the moment.

And as tears of joy and relief flooded my cheeks, possibly ruining my makeup (but I don't care), I felt complete when you kissed me back.