Familiar

Onyx eyes gazed up to the dark sky that was illuminated by the bright moon with stars among them, making the almost black template even more breathtaking, especially with the absence of clouds. The mildly strong wind shook the trees slightly, the weather not too cold. Her lips remained touched on the rim of her small glass filled with whisky, the beverage soothing her yet had made her a bit tipsy, but she didn't care.  It's her night to relax and let herself loose, not to give a damn about the past nor the future. 

She blocked out the loud noises that had become too bearable for her to handle, ignoring the vibrations of the floor beneath her as the volume of the music had been raised up a notch. She had walked out to the balcony of her friend's house – or rather, mansion – ,her footing seemingly staggering as she had drunk too many alcohol, and she needed the fresh air of the quiet night outside, away from the sweating adults downstairs and the alcoholic stench of the living room that was designed luxuriously with a bar inside, neon lights hanging from the ceiling.

She gripped the railing of the balcony to steady herself and more importantly, the small glass that was now empty due to her dry throat, and exhaled, cringing when she inhaled her breath, the odor of whisky still heavily evident. The view from the balcony was quite enthralling, the lake (that was owned by her friend) in front of her shimmering beautifully, not a soul in sight. The few outdoor uniquely designed tables and chairs followed with benches that were situated around the lake had embellished the whole area,  especially during the night as the moonlight gave an even more breathtaking view.

Her eyes closed, drowning herself in the comforting silence, and she smiled to herself. Her thoughts drifted off to the times she was in the same situation like this, where she had been all alone with no one around.

She had a love-hate relationship with solitary. She enjoyed being isolated from the world yet she detest the fact that she had no one to talk to. Being alone brings the sense of undisturbed peace and quiet, where she can collect her thoughts and understand herself more as she looked out the window or listen to soft music.

Nevertheless, it also gives a twinge of hurt through her heart and frustration when she looked at a group of friends at the mall or families talking to each other, knowing she would never have that kind of happiness.

Being an introvert that she was, she knew that she had trouble in confining her problems and troubled thoughts with her friends, even if she revealed them, it took quite a long time for her to finally let out her frustrations. She wondered how could her friends still want to keep their friendship, knowing how stubborn she could be.

She adjusted her jacket when a cold breeze swept through her, her body shivering as a response. She chuckled ruefully to herself.

Footsteps interrupted her serenity, and she could hear clacks of heels echoing on the balcony, the footsteps growing closer and closer. She didn't know why, but she felt her heartbeat increasing as she saw strands of black hair from a close distance at the corner of her eye, as if she's suffocating, in a good way, of course. She glanced at the person for a second, the strawberry scent overpowering her senses.

She could see a woman standing next to her, both of her hands dangling on the the railing of the balcony that Taeyeon had gripped on, looking around. After a few minutes of awkward silence, she finally faced the woman, watching the striking side view of the latter. The woman's hair was tied up in a high ponytail, her long bangs swept to the side. The strapless black dress that was glittered with tiny diamonds hugged her figure perfectly, leaving a lot of skin to expose. Taeyeon's eyes trailed from the woman's long legs slowly to her shoulders, and she licked her dry lips.

Finally, after taking her sweet time ogling the gorgeous woman that she deemed as perfection before her, she stared at the woman's features, only able to see the pair of plump, luscious lips slathered with the right amount of red lipstick, the woman's eyes draped with her long bangs.

"Finish gawking at me?" The woman's teasing tone snapped Taeyeon out of her trance, her eyes widening in astonishment, but she quickly regained her composure, shrugging nonchalantly.

"I'm not gawking, in fact, I'm not even looking at you," Taeyeon retaliated, smirking in victory when she didn't hear any reply from the woman. The latter then faced Taeyeon, rolling her eyes in disbelief. 

Taeyeon could feel sparks going through her whole body when their eyes met, captivated by the brown orbs that were looking back at hers, feeling that the woman's equally shocked gaze was somehow familiar, relieving even. Flashes of queer memories went through her mind, all of which consist of both her and the woman. 

Taeyeon frowned in confusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know how to continue this. Blegh.