Chapter 38: I Would Do Anything

"We will keep you updated on everything. If we find anything we will let you know." The police office said, looking down at me.

"Thanks officer." I mumbled as he walked to his car, leaving me to sulk with my thoughts. Why did the Celon brothers take Rory? Was she ok?  Had Rory taken her meds? Would she be ok if she hadn't? If she had a big attack would they just let her die? How did they know where we live? Did they know the other were there? Did they known I was the Guardian? Would they want revenge? How long had I been sitting here? Why wasn't  I doing anything?

I was about to get up when Faye walked down the steps and sat next to me. "Hey, how are you doing?" She placed her hand on my back.

I know she's trying to help but that was a horrible question to ask. "Well it feels like that fire all over again. I can't lose her."

She turned my head so I was looking her in the eye. "You won't. We can find her. And I'll be with you every step of the way." She gave a light smile. I could look at her forever.

But I couldnt. I stood up. "That's the thing, I don't want to lose you either. I can't let everyone get hurt because of me."

Faye stood up to. "That won't happen, Tobias."

"It was the Celon brothers who took her." I told her.

Faye took a step back and gasped. "What? How do you know that."

Now it was time to explain. "I was mugged by them a while ago. They took money from me because my sister owed them some from the drugs she bought. They are doing this because of her. All they want is their money and they won't stop until they have it."
She looked at me. "We wont let that happen then. We will get her back. We just have to wait for the police and-"

"No. I'm not waiting for them." I said turning away from her.

Faye touched her arm. "What are you planning to do?"

"I'm going out there to get her." I stood up and made my way to the door.

Faye stood up behind me. "You can't go by yourself."

I turned to Faye. "Could you watch them?" I said pointing to Rose, Jeb, and Jerry.

She put her hands on my shoulders. "You're not going by yourself."

"Don't tell me what to do." I walked out of the building.

"I won't let you do this." She grabbed my arm trying to pull me back.

I turned to face her. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my composure. "I can lose her." I placed my hands on her shoulders, "I've already lost so many other things. I lost her father and my sister. If I lose her, I don't know what I would do. Just watch them." I stood there for a second, then I let my arms fall.

Faye looked at me. "What are you going to?"

"What I have to." I turned and walked down the stairs.

"You can't go up against an army." Faye barely whispered.

Was it really going to be an army? It didn't matter if it was or not. "Yes I can." I wasn't going to be stopped, by anyone. I jumped in my car.

Faye chased after my car as I drove away. "Hey get back here."

"No." I said, even though she couldn't hear me. I made my way downtown. I got my phone out and called Kenny.

"Hello?" Kenny said, loud music blaring in the background.

"Kenny it's me." I said stopping at a stop light.

"Hey Tobias, what's going on." Kenny asked. The music in the background became quiet, probably him moving to a different room.

"Suit up, I'll be there in 5." I said tapping the steering wheel.

"What's going on?" Kenny asked sounding worried.

"Celon's have Rory. We are getting her back." I hung up the phone and sped forwards.