Chapter Twenty

LONG-ASS CHAPTER. ENJOY. (p.s. it gets a little bit graphic)

____________

Tour had been amazing. I had watched almost every show from the hidden side of the stage and never got tired of it.

In the middle of the tour, Tyler got sick of hiding me as his girlfriend and announced it at a show in California, when I was very visibly pregnant. He made me walk out on stage in front of thousands of people. I watched all of their faces turned horrified when they saw my stomach and the crowd went wild. Tyler quickly made up that I was a surrogate mom. They instantly calmed down. It wasn't the best excuse, but it was better than saying I had gotten raped. 

I was now nine months pregnant and I felt like I was about to freaking explode. This baby was definitely a big one. My back had been hurting so bad, it became difficult to walk around.

The tour was over and we were finally on our way back home. I listened to the tour bus hum as I sat on the couch with the rest of the boys, when suddenly, I felt it and gasped, gaining everyone's attention.

"Oh my god."

"Wait, what? Is it happening?" Josh asked, coming towards me. Tyler was in the other room.

"I think my water just- just broke." I didn't just think. I knew it. I was now sitting in a small puddle.

"Shit. Okay. Hold on," he said before running to get Tyler. I wasn't sure if I should get up or not.

Josh must have already told Tyler because he came out frantic. "Woah woah woah. Are you okay, are you hurt?" he said, grabbing onto my shoulder.

"The contractions haven't started yet, but I'm sitting in a puddle right now..." 

Tyler looked around frantically while Josh ran to the front of the bus yelling at everyone. Pretty soon I was surrounded.

"What do we do?! How much longer until we get home?" Josh asked.

"A little less than an hour," Michael responded.

"Okay we have to pull over then!"

"No," I interrupted. "I can wait."

"No, Jessica, you have to get into a hospital." Josh insisted.

"Contractions haven't even started yet. I'll be able to make it. I don't want to pull over to some random place." Everyone looked at eachother, unsure.

"I can make it," I repeated.

"Well... I guess we'll go with your judgement, but I do not want to see you giving birth in here." Mark said.

"Trust me, me neither."

Tyler came running back with towels, which I shoved under myself. For the next couple minutes, everyone was just low-key staring at me, waiting for something to happen and when it did, oh it was bad.

"Oh god," I gasped. Pain waved over me for a good ten seconds. Here came the contractions.

"What do you want me to do?!" Tyler asked, still frantic.

"Just get me to the... hospital," I breathed. He sat down next to me and held my hand. "They aren't too bad yet, but they're going to get a lot worse."

"Okay. I'll sit right here the whole time," he said, pecking my cheek.

We played the license plate game for about fifteen minutes before it came again. I squeezed his hand hard. This went on over and over again for the next hour, except the pain just got worse and worse and Tyler's hand had to suffer through it, too.