Over Easy

"You said you were going to deliver this in person yesterday. I was starting to think you were going to blow me off and have it sent over in a cab or something."

At this point, - while I am here trying not to notice how Dominic's abs are printing through his tight white t-shirt- it would probably be pointless to tell him that that very nearly happened. Both yesterday and this morning I had already convinced myself that it would be in everyone's best interest if someone else from The Palace brought the cake over. Yet here I am standing in his doorway, holding one giant cakebox while the doorman holds the other.

Dominic takes the cakebox from me and I step aside so that the doorman can pass with the other one. I wait until the doorman leaves before crossing the threshold into his apartment. Dominic's apartment- penthouse suite, large studio layout-, looks pretty much like what I expected; expensive, luxurious but like it was decorated by an interior designer for a man who didn't have the time or the interest to do it himself.

"The thought might've crossed my mind," I murmur, drawing my attention away from the apartment and back to him. Along with the t-shirt, he's wearing faded sweats and a pair of socks that look like they've seen better days. This version of him is a lot more appealing than "The Dom" persona that I met at the club the other night. Not that his personality seems any different but he seems more comfortable now. At the club he looked like someone else dressed him and not in a good way; way too many accessories and the clothing itself just didn't suit him.

"Oh, did it?" he asks, bringing me out of my daydream.

"Yeah... but I was busy yesterday. Got caught up in errands and meetings with my bosses," I answer quickly, hoping that he didn't notice me almost drooling over him.

He leads me to the kitchen where he invites me to sit on one of the bar stools near the kitchen counter. It seems that I interrupted him in the midst of making breakfast. From what I can see, there are chopped red and green peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, eggs and what looks like bits of ham lined up on the counter next to the stove.

"Omelettes?" It does not escape me that I sounded way too eager just now. But lordy! A sexy man who cooks? When was the last time one of those crossed my path?
"Yes ma'am. If you care to stick around and have breakfast with me, I'll make you one too."

So of course, today had to be the one day when I truly have nothing better to do. I finally visited Mom and Taya yesterday after my meeting at The Palace. Today, I have no r=errands to run, no hair appointments and no work until 9:30 tonight. I could always lie and say that I have somewhere else to be, but why deny myself the opportunity to have my breakfast made -for free- by a sexy chef? Those opportunities really don't come my way very often.

"Make mine with red peppers, mushrooms and- are those chunks of ham? Can I have some of those?"

He begins making the omelettes in two separate pans, sneaking me adorable little smiles and singing under his breath all the while. It almost pains me to admit to myself that his voice is as beautiful in person as it is anywhere else. The goes my theory that his singing voice was machine generated. Damn.

"If you were going to serenade me, you might as well do it right and sing loud enough for me to hear you."

He laughs. Even though only his profile is turned to me, from here it seems like he's blushing. Just like the other night, I can't help but notice how attractive his shyness is. As if he wasn't physically attractive enough, he has an amazing singing voice and he's not nearly as unbearably arrogant as one would expect... How is that fair?

"If I were serenading you hun, I'd definitely do it right. It's way too early for that anyway. I like my omelette with cheese, how about you?"

"Who makes omelettes without cheese? If it's that plasticky singles stuff then I'll pass. If you have cheddar or mozzarella then put in plenty."