Chapter 10

- 10 -

More calls. My phone was always buzzing, vibrating, ringing. I knew it was Chase, and I knew that answering that call could just give him the chance to explain. But if I picked up, then he'd know that I had forgiven him.

Why was I in this situation in the first place? If I just had ignored Chase like I used too, maybe I wouldn't feel so broken.

Why did I even feel broken? I said that it was fine! I shouldn't even be hurt. Or pissed.

I moaned into my hands. "I hate you," I mumbled, fat tears welling up in my closed eyes.

Ring.

"God damn it!" I growled and picked up the phone. "What do you want?"

"To explain - " He began.

"I don't need an explanation, that girl was enough," I snapped as I cut him off.

"She wasn't just a girl," He started, but again I cut him off.

"I know, she's your toy in bed," I explained for him. God, I just never know when to shut up.

"Yeah, but I haven't seen her in months!" He spoke when I ended. I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you even argue? If you haven't seen her in months, then why the hell was she standing on your staircase, I don't know, half naked? How did she open your door? Magic? She must have had a key!" I yelled at him through the phone.

"She was my first serious girlfriend, I gave her my key two years ago! I didn't know she would use it after we broke up!" His voice rose in frustration.

"Do you really mean that, Chase? After everything you put me through, before and after, you expect me to believe this bullshit?"

Just like I had predicted, I gave him my heart, it was just waiting to be shattered again. The phone was silent for a few seconds.

"I said I was sorry. And besides, you were the one who showed up on my doorstep unannou - "

"You know what, Chase? I take it back. It's not fine. It sucks. If you truly want my forgivence, I want you to say sorry to that poor girl who's name you forgot and beg her to forgive you for trying to kiss me."

I slammed my phone down on the desk, pressing the end call button with all my might. It didn't have the same effect, considering the entire screen was flat.

"I hate you!" I yelled. "I really, really hate you."

The sad thing was, I knew I didn't.

•■•

I'm pretty sure that the reason why Chase wasn't texting or calling me was out of fear. I had totally crushed him in the last phone call and that...ended it.

A hollow feeling started to grow in my chest, pulling me down.

A rustling of leaves resounded from behind. I knew exactly who it was.

"Jessie! Please stop ignoring me and talk to me, I stopped texting you, I did what you told me, I even found out her name! It's Fal - "

"Great."

I couldn't see him, but I knew he stopped. I stood up and started walking towards the pond. He resumed walking.

"Jess - "

"What, Chase?"

He looked, to put it nicely, disheveled. His hair was flying with the wind and he placed a thin jacket on his chest to stop the cold. He had a grim line set on his lips and his eyes annoyed.

"Look, I did everything you told me to do and I said sorry a billion times. I don't know what els - "

"No, Chase - "

"Let me finish!" He snapped. "I'm not used to people like you and it'll take time. I'm sorry if I acted like a douche earlier but I apologized so I have no reason to be guilty."

I knew I lost. "I'm sorry," I said. "I just hate when people surprise me...like that." I was referring to Jackson dating Mia, but I knew he wouldn't understand.

I started to walk away and he didn't follow. He didn't know that what I said was partly part of my life.

•■•

Natalie was standing on my porch crying. The rain enveloping her, water making her voluminous hair soggy. Her clothes were stuck to her skin, and her face showed anything but joy.

"Oh my god! What happened? Come on!" I frantically asked and herded her inside.

She stepped in and took off her shoes and socks. She stood on the rug, water dripping down her hair and body. She looked so dreary, so lost, so helpless. I ran upstairs and got a spare towel from the closet, some of my clothes that we're the same size, and a box of tissues for her.

I hung it around her shoulders, and once she was dry, I gave her my clothes and she sulked off to the bathroom to change, her sniffles capturing my attention and breaking my heart, it hurt to see her in this much pain.

The cause of it was still unknown.

I walked to the kitchen and started making some hot chocolate and boiling some pasta, the two things she loves to eat. I opened the pantry door, and pulled out a pack of Ferrero Rocher chocolate. My favorite chocolate.

She came down after fifteen minutes, thankfully, she was completely dry.

"Hey, I made some hot chocolate," I said gently as I set the mug in front of her as she sat on the dinner table.

"Thanks," She sniffed.

"I'm just cooking the pasta, it'll be ready in just a minute," I told her softly as I checked over the pot.

"Thanks," She repeated as she reached to take a tissue.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked as I set the bowls of pasta, and chocolate in front of her.

"He k-kissed. H-he took my first k-kiss," She sobbed and set her head into her hands.

"Who?" I asked angrily, my blood was boiling. Natalie was the girl who was bent on giving her first kiss to the guy she fell in love with, and this bastard took it.

"Ja -Jackson Miller," She stated and her sad eyes bored into my own.

A million thoughts ran through my head. But the strongest one was the heart wrenching hope that she was lying.

"Jackson Miller?" I stuttered. She hiccups loudly and nodded.

"I'm sorry Jess. I'm so, so - "

My despair dissolved. I slammed my hand down onto the wood surface, my eyes must have changed color since they do that when I feel angry. And boy was I angry.

"The asshole!"

Her head hung low, and sob ripped through her lips, tears pooling onto the table.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number of the person I thought I would never call again," I need your help."

•■•

Intense chapter, huh? Am I right or am I right? My mate Mahi wrote this chapter, I just published it, I hope you all liked it! I was so pissed in my head with Jackson, I mean, come on man, you have a girlfriend! What a douche. I even updated although I didn't want to...

Vote • Comment • Fan

Love ya!