5) Kris

Kris's POV:

Nearly two weeks since Yenn moved in with us... The house has been getting livelier each day and everyone treats her like our beloved younger sister. A precious gem.

I'm the oddball. Not only I find her irritating and disgusting, she irks me way too much. Every time she speak, I curse softly, hoping she would shut up. Every time she helps us, I secretly hope she would stay away. Every time she talks to me, I try to inch further away from her, she's boring and lame.

"Kris oppa, are you okay? Why are you spacing out?" Yenn stood in front of me, waving her hands. I faked a smile,"Ahh... Nothing.. Go do your stuff." She didn't budge.

"Sorry but.. I accidentally broke your hourglass." She fiddled with her fingers and hung her head low in shame. That's enough to send me boiling rage. "You what?!"

"I'm sorry! I broke your hourglass while cleaning your room..."

"Who said you could enter my room without permission?! You have no idea how much that hourglass means to me!" I screamed. Both of us made a long staring contest. "Your room is messy, that's why--" "None of your business!" I dashed up the stairs and shut the door tightly. The hourglass serves as a last souvenir from my first love after she passed away. Now that it is gone, I feel so so empty inside. 

The room is spotless clean, but the shattered hourglass is nowhere to be seen. I hear the door creak open and Yenn peeped inside carefully.

"I didn't do that on purpose." She grabbed my arm loosely. I swing it away, this method is no use. "Where's that hourglass?" She zipped her mouth tight. "I asked you, where's that hourglass." I raised my voice, about to throw her down to the first floor when I noticed her necklace.

It's one of the most unique necklace I have ever seen... Maybe that will compensate for the hourglass she broke earlier. I didn't hesitate to snatch it away from her and throw it out of the veranda.

"No! My necklace--" Yenn starts to cough violently as she choked on her words. "Now you'll experience my pain. A tit for a tat." I said coolly. Her face drained color and she leans forward against the railings.

_____
Author's POV:

Yenn depended on the necklace as though it was her life. Now it's gone, she felt significantly weaker and frail, less active than she used to be. A heavy force pulled her downwards and she was about to fall over. "Your acting is no use." Kris scoffed.

The weight that was threatening to weigh her down got heavier every second that passed by and Kris was oblivious to it. As if she was in a trance, she felled off the veranda in silence, almost in slow motion

When Kris turned around, Yenn was nowhere in sight. "Yenn, Yenn?" He panicked a little. 

"Just come out, this is no use. You know I don't fall for craps." Kris warned with a tinge of worry. After a few moments of silence, he reflected on his conscience, he knew he was not allowed to treat Yenn in a bad manner, but he could not help it. She was hogging all the attention in the family and he was not pleased with it. 

"Screw this!" Kris dashed right out of his bedroom and proceeded to search fr Yenn. He looked everywhere, but Yenn vanished. 

_____

Yenn's POV:

I felt light-headed, almost invisible as time passed. My body felt so weak that even the slightest touch would break me apart. I was determined to catch my necklace, no matter what circumstances I have to go through.

While the necklace is thrown into mid-air, I stretched my hand and tried to catch it. However, it was too high for my petite frame and it went passed the veranda. Too desperate to retrieve my necklace back, I bent forward and clutched the necklace tightly in my hands.

Even though realized that my position is too dangerous, it was no use. I lost my balance and tripped over a pebble, I was out of the veranda, and out of Kris's sight.

As if everything was travelling in slow motion, my necklace slipped out of my grasp and shattered on the ground, all its powers were all gone. I'm dying every minute, every second. As my head was about to come in contact with the ground, I heard Kris's voice echoing in my head.

With those piercing stare and a smirk, he mouthed every word with clear and crisp pronunciation.

"I hope you'll die. That way you will leave our family alone. I do not like you one bit."