Chapter Two

It was currently Wednesday. Most of the campers in Camp Half Blood volunteered on helping with the camp's renovation and recovery. Many had also vowed that they wouldn't return to their families this Spring to tidy up those who were injured, and to repair the damages done by both (very few misled by Octavian) Romans, and those stupid enemies of them like Gaea, Titans, Giants, and others that if Will named them all, he was pretty sure he'd die and still wasn't finished.

About a month just passed, Chiron's announcement weeks ago was postponed suddenly with no indicated reason why, and he wasn't so confident that everything was as peaceful as many tried to portray. He knew. He was the 'doctor' of the camp, people came in and out of the infirmary asking him things more than healing physical wounds.

There were some (about three) who were still in comatose state. There were those who were gravely injured, all he could do was pray them to his father. There were also some who were still having hell-ish nightmares even he didn't know how to solve. Chiron was also having some problems with about seven campers who refused to try fighting lessons again because of how terrified they had become.

Days has passed since he sent the lit of sunray to Nico that said 'Rest Well.' He didn't know if he was imagining things, but he could somehow feel that Nico was now trying more to open up even how hard it was for him. He raised a hand, and realized he was glowing again. He always glowed when he was healing or when he was feeling a very tremendous emotion. He knew it was the latter. And it was happiness. It had always been the latter since Nico di Angelo has re-returned in the camp...despite wearing a Hawaiian shirt that didn't match his usual glare. But Will would be lying if he said that he didn't find the Ghost King cute wearing such a loud shirt.

Sure, Nico was a son of Hades, but that was why he was kind of drawn to the kid. Nico was the Ghost King, he fought and had major roles in both Titans' and Giants' Wars. He used his shadow travel powers to travel down two other people along with the forty feet statue of Athena Parthenos back in Camp Half Blood just to connect the two camps. He used his zombies, skeletons, shadows and ghosts to distract the Romans. Yes, Nico was thin, had sunken eyes, had dark circles under his eyes, had almost-as-pale as ghost skin, gloomy personality; he was startling (literally), kind of scary, always glaring, always pushing others away but as Will watched him grow and recover, he realized that Nico's eyes were chocolate brown, his smile was mesmerizing and his laugh was something everyone would like to hear. They were polar opposites, but he didn't care.

He sighed. He just finished all his infirmary duties, and was now just being struck by boredom. And this kind of moment was rare, but he was so damned bored. He sighed again, and lifted his eyes when his shadow on the ground met another one. He couldn't help the smile on his face as he saw the person who was just occupying his mind earlier. "Nico!" He greeted to the son of Hades before him. He smiled wider when he noticed that about five younger and newer demigods were following right behind Nico, some even held onto the son of Hades' shirt's hem. In his arms was Chuck Hedge, who now could walk a little slowly and swing his plastic baseball bat. He knew that Nico's aura was filled with darkness and death, and that he assumed he wasn't someone you should approach, but there was a saying that kids/animals knew more about who should be trusted. Seeing Nico surrounded by the kids and the baby satyr realized that that saying was indeed true.

The baby satyr grinned and reached for Nico's face with his free hand.

Will's heart thump loud when Nico bowed his head and let Chuck touch his nose then cheeks. Chuck giggled and pinched Nico's nose, which made the Ghost King playfully frown at the baby satyr. "Bad kid," He coaxed and pinched Chuck's cheek. The baby satyr squealed in Nico's arms, and snuggled even more in the latter's chest and arms. Will's intestines twisted in admiration when the son of Hades crouched and let the other demigods tell him their stories as he nodded, and smiled slightly at each. "That's great to hear, Ian," He heard him say to the five year old son of Hecate. "You should prank Percy Jackson," He even added, which made most of the kids laugh. He looked awkward and inexperienced, but Nico did his best and looked almost like a dark angel whose wings would flutter open any seconds now.