Hotel Succubus

Hotel Succubus

Each year in the middle of summer in the town of Radcane, more than a thousand people come to stay at the hotel called Succubus, because of odd rumors of it being haunted and people always disappearing.

While it can't be denied that strange things happened each year, including mysterious deaths, the police investigations always end up without a lead, and the autopsies, never reveal anything more than natural causes of death.

This year I, John Lion, and my father decided to celebrate my promotion as general manager of a small computer company.

My father was always into the occult and stuff that made no sense to me, and he would often use most of the extra money on buying books and videos and traveling across the country in search of paranormal activities, and hearing him enthusiastically suggest this hotel made me agree, hoping to try and understand why he enjoyed what he did.

As I was driving towards the town, I could see why my father would suggest going there, I felt something odd about it, the city seemed lifeless and only when I got close did I notice the people who were living inside the monochrome houses.

In contrast to that, the hotel was massive, and had the feeling of freshness and life breathing into it, it almost felt like a living thing.

Even to an untrained eye like mine, that was a strange image to behold, and my gut was telling me that something was amiss, as I entered the parking area, my father was already on his way towards the door carrying everything in his hands.

-          Here goes nothing, I prepared myself for anything as I pushed the entrance of the hotel, and entered inside, just as I do, a heat wave sweeps past me, followed by a lot of noise as hundreds of people were already inside.

-          I guess we missed the welcoming party, My father laughs at me, after seeing how shocked I was to see this many people!

From a glance I noticed, that people associated themselves according to their social standings, which was based on how well dressed you were, the pompous rich people were already trying to impress each other with their assets as they were dressed in what I liked to call "penguin suits", obviously that was not where I would see myself.

On the other side stood the majority of people, and unlike the rich people, the variety of clothing, made it look like a rainbow that split in every direction

Near the entrance were people just like me, who had barely arrived and had not decided where to go or what to do next.

Just as I was getting used to the atmosphere, the lights turn dimmer which stopped people from talking, after a few agonizing seconds, we all start hearing what sounded like automatic locks being closed, and then one final lock, that being from the door behind me, shuts down.

-          Shit, I try opening the door knowing it was locked, and I begin to panic.

-          Dad, shit, DAD!, I anxiously call for my dad, who was laughing his ass off.

-          Relax John, that's how things start in this hotel, now come here, and look in front of the stairs, He pointed towards a small figure crawling down the stairs, it had a very weird way of moving and, I know it might be offensive to some, but I thought he was Quasimodo.

-          What the...?, Still in disbelief...

-          HELLO LADS AND LASSIES, I AM Quarter, AND I WILL BE YOUR GUIDE, FOLLOW ME!!

People including my father follow the little creature as it starts showing each person their rooms, while holding a list with every person that reserved a room for the entire week.

As we advanced through the massive corridors, the number of people started growing smaller and smaller, until we were only a handful left, but the creature suddenly stopped as we reached the end of the hall.

-          I am so sorry sirs, it would seem there was a misunderstanding, The weird person shrunk under the weight of his own words, while staring at us with saddened eyes.

-          You and your son were booked in different rooms..., Before finishing what he had to say, my dad makes a step forward, asking which number he was in.

-          Ah, yes, 337, As dad heard these words, he relaxed his muscles, and turned to me with a very annoying smile.

-          Too bad for you son, I am the one to get the action tonight, hehe

Angry and a little bit confused, I thought that he was referring to having a good night with a woman, and hey no problem with that, my mom was dead for 5 years now, so I didn't mind that, what bugged me was how happy he was about it.

Unable to contain my anger and curiosity, I sneaked out of my room, to try and interrupt his preparations, but what I stumbled upon, as I opened the door without making any noise, were rather odd "preparations".

Candles on the floor spread between the bathroom and bed, and two pentagrams, one on each side of the barrier of candles, and dad covered in clothes like what druids used to wear, chanting something from a book, while crushing something in his hands.

I instantly ignore everything I saw, trying to erase it with as much alcohol as I could afford, once I got back in my room, and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

But my dreams were filled with demons and horrors chasing me around, escaping only with the help of my father and others dressed like him, but I suddenly wake up after watching my dad get killed in my dreams by a man covered in a dark hood.

-          Ugh, I am never gonna drink againnnn~~~, hmh?, The light from the full moon reminded me to draw the curtains over the window as I stretched myself for another round of sleep.

The moment I got to the window, I noticed that on the other side of the building, there were two individuals on the roof, one was dressed like the person from my dreams, and the other who was levitating horizontally in the form of a crucifix, was my father, who was evidently struggling to escape.

-           DAD!!, I screamed with all my might, but the sound was being dampened by the window that was sealed shut, I tried punching and even using objects to break the glass, but still no effect.

But my cries were heard, by the man in a dark hood, who smiled at me, and laughed as he released my father from his dark grasp.

-          DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!

THRUMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP!!, The sound of a body hitting the ground.