Chapter 7

7.

[Niall's POV]

Niall?! Niall?! I heard someone shout dramatically down the stairs. I looked up, still dazed to find Lexi in my bed, still asleep. Good, she was calm and still asleep. I looked at my alarm to see it was 8.00 am.

Niall?! Niall?! It was Greg. I quickly got up and ran to the top of the stairs.

'Calm down' I said while walking down the stairs.

'Why aren't you picking up your phone?!' Greg asked sounding kinda rushed and annoyed.

'Uuuuuuhh... I don't even know where it is.' I said and Greg sighed.

'As usual' he answerred and he walked into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee.

'Why are you home already? I thought you weren't coming back till tomorrow.'

'The Admiral called asking how Lexi was since you didn't answer your phone.' he said somewhat annoyed by the fact that I once again had misplaced my phone.

'Sorry' I answerred sitting down at the table.

'What even happened?' Greg asked and I looked at him, still sleepy.

'Well, there was a storm and apparently that triggers her PTSD and so she went hiding in the corner behind the couch and was crying really hard and a lot and so I had to calm her down. She is sleeping in my bed now so I was close and I could keep an eye on her.'

'So, she calmed down?' Greg asked and I nodded.

'It took a while but adventually well.. Yeah, she calmed down.'

'Did she or the Admiral say anything about why this triggers her?'

'No.' I shrugged.

'Morning.'

Greg and I both looked up surprised and saw Lexi standing in the door opening of the kitchen.

'Morning.' We both said back and she gave a weak smile.

'Guess I should tell at least a bit about my PTSD now.' She said looking nervous. It was obviously hard for her to talk about it and you could see she still didn't want to talk about it but she felt like she had to.

'No, it's ok.. If you don't want to..' Greg said and I nodded agreeing with him.

'No, I have to say at least something.. I can't tell everything yet, I'm not ready but I do want to tell you guys something..'

We just looked at her. She was going to tell us something and we were both curious but also afraid of what she would tell us, it obviously was something bad.

Lexi sat down, sighed and started talking and at some point her eyes got wet, it was obviously hard for her to tell us this and her grieve was still very deep. Greg and I both listened carefully and let her talk without being interrupted. Greg put his chair next to her so we were both next to her to hold her hand to calm her.

'As you know I'm in the army.. My ring... I uuuh... Josh and I... We uuuh..' she was gathering the courage to start telling us what she wanted to tell us. 'Josh is the son of another Admiral and their family travelled along with us so they became our best friends, they are our family. Well, I should say Josh was..' This sentence made her emotional, she swollowed. 'We grew up together, dud everything tigether and when we were 16 and graduated we both joined the army. We also started dating around that time and well, after about 2 years, right before we had to go to Iraq he proposed to me and so we were engaged. We were it for eachother, no breaking us up. He died there, in battle.' She stopped talking, looked down, eyes wet, fidling with her hands.

This was obviously it, wgat she wanted to tell us. We didn't know everything yet and still had a lot of questions as it was obvious there was way more to this story but we didn't ask, this was already hard enough for her.

'You guys want breakfast? Lexi said looking up, sighing and giving a weak smile. We both nodded and so Lexi stood up and started getting the breakfast stuff from the cabinets and putting everything on the table. We just sat there, looking at how she in our eyes flipped that switch so fast and easily. At least, that is how it looked to us, I couldn't imagine that what she just told us had left her mind.