Chapter 6

Today is the talent show. Or the day I am going to die. I don't want to preform. Evie and Venessa dress me in a light purple sleeveless dress that has lace on it. It isn't poofy, thank God for that. We all go to the outdoor stage area to sit and wait. Vick, Jay, Venessa and Uni hug us and say good luck while Carlos kisses Evie on the cheek. They're dating so it's okay. He just better not break her heart or she'll carve out his. They go to the seats and we wait back stage. Apparently Audery is preforming as well. Great. Boy she is getting on my last nerve. She sees me and gets up. This is not going to be pretty. ''So you came..to lose. '' I get out of my chair. ''Well we came her not to nesasarely lose but to do good. And we are going to beat your royal butts.'' She narrow's her eyes and hisses, ''I'll believe that when hell freezes over.'' She stalks away leaving me stunned. I always get the last word. I grab my leather jacket because I still have my stitches in. After around forty five minutes the Ms. Godmother walks up on the stage to annonce us. I can tell cuz they are setting up the microphones and piano. ''Okay now for our last performance, three of the girls from the Isle of the Lost, please give a warm welcome for Madrone, Evie and Mal who are singing Open Your Eyes.'' Some people clap but the only people clapping are the boys, Venessa, Uni and Ms. Godmother. We walk on stage and Madrone makes a beeline for the piano while we head to the mics. Madrone starts playing so we start.

{Song by Bea Miller}

Both:

''Woah...Woah...Woah...Woah...''

Evie:

''Water and light,

Leaves his eyes

History falling down

Hope rising up

We lay here and now

All that came before

Cannot stay asleep

We're not children anymore

Oohh...

Both:

''We can fight the dark

This is who we are

There's a new light coming

Finally had enough

Finally waking up

To who we are becoming

Open your eyes!

Me:

[''Woah... Woah...'']

Evie:

''Open your eyes!''

Me:

[''Woah ... Woah...'']

Some people actually gasp when I sing cuz no one has ever heard me sing before.

Me:

''Will you be my love

Will you go with me

Are you who I dreamed

Or just a memory

Will you understand

What I have to do

Will you be the man

The one I thought I knew

Oohh...

Both:

''We can fight the dark

This is who we are

There's a new light coming

Finally had enough

Finally waking up

To who we are becoming

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...

Evie:

''Into the deep blue

We'll do this together.''

Me:

''Water and fire

Reaching higher.''

Both:

''There's no turning back

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...

We can fight the dark

This is who we are

There's a new light coming

Finally had enough

Finally waking up

To who we are becoming

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...

Open your eyes!

Woah... Woah...''

At first the crowd is silent. I am worried we sucked then we get a burst of aupplause. Everybody stands and claps. I beckon Madrone over. We all lock hands and take a bow. We walk backstage and start screaming, jumping and clapping.

''Yay we did it,'' squeals Evie while jumping. The Fairy Godmother comes on stage to announce the winner. ''I would first like to say that you all did extremely well. You all should be proud of yourselfs. But now for the winner. The winner is..'' she opens the envelope, ''The girls from the Isle Of The Lost!'' We start to scream. We go on stage and take the trophy. When we get back we are met by the rest of the gang. Vick, Jay, Uni and Venessa hug me and Madrone while Evie and Carlos share a very passionate kiss. Well more like they are eating ach other's faces off. Gross After their little make out session we all hug. As the final people leave we decide to leave as well. I don't move I just sit there thinking. ''Mal, you coming?'' asks Carlos. ''You guys go on. I'll catch up with you in a few minutes,'' I tell them. They look worried but nod. After they leave my daydreams fill me up. I am honestly thinking about that kiss that Evie and Carlos shared. Will a boy ever love me like that? Who would love a daughter of Maleficent? Mal snap out off it! Your evil. You don't need love. You don't have room for love in your life. But part of me does want love.

''Mal? You okay?'' I look up to see Ben. ''Yeah. What are you doing here exactly?'' I ask. ''Saw you and came to say congrats on winning. You did awesome,'' he says. ''Thanks.'' I stand up about to leave  but stop when he pulls me into a hug. And to my surprise I hug back. He gets out of the embrace and kisses me on the cheek. Warmth shoots through me where his lips come in contact with my skin.  He pulls away. ''Uh, bye Mal.'' He walks away leaving me with a cheek stinging with warmth. I don't know what just happened. But I liked it. I liked it. I liked it! What is wrong with me? What is happening with me? I don't know. I run back to the dorm room. I fling the door open and crash onto my bed. ''Mal what's wrong?'' asks Evie. ''Nothing'' She leaves me alone but she isn't entirely okay with what my answer is. ''Where's Venessa?'' I ask. ''She's with the boys getting pizza. We are celebrating the victory,'' she says cooly. I nod. ''We are eating in the boys room and good news. All the boys made the tourney team,'' she squeals. She's back to her old self. Evie gets a text that says that the pizza is at the boys room so we walk over. We eat, laugh and joke. We all go back to our separate dorms when it's is about midnight. I fall asleep thinking about the kiss.