Chapter One~

A/N: Please comment, vote, or fan? Anything that floats your boat. ;)

 Follow?  

~

∞Chapter 1∞

 I walk down the sidewalk with my best friends, Charlotte and Reese.

 We live in the same street. Not like the others.

Maddie lives two blocks away. Joy lives four blocks away.

“We should compose songs,” Reese dreams.

“And become an famous all girl band!” Charlotte squeals.

“What do you think, Ron?” Reese asks. A moment passes by.

“Hel-LO? Earth to Miss Veronica?” Charlotte laughs, waving her hand in my face. They knew I hated when they called me my whole name.

“What-?” I ask, absentmindedly.

“Speaking of bands, I heard you got that letter from school? Inviting you to that camp thing?” Christina asks.

“Music Camp, Christina. But I don’t wanna go,” I say.

“What? You don’t know what opportunity you’re passing out on, Ron,” Reese says.

“What, it’s just a camp, guys. I don’t even know any people who’d go,” I say.

“But this is Music Camp, only a few get an opportunity to go. And YOU were chosen. You’re lucky. You don’t know what you’re taking for granted,” Christina counters.

“What do they do there anyways?” I ask.

“They teach students how to play different instruments, three rooms for each instrument, from beginners, advanced, and a special class for the gifted,” Reese explains.

“And those lessons are for free, you just need to pay for the board & lodging, then the food you’d be consuming for three days,” Christina says.

“Plus, you can’t get out of camp,” Reese says. “Unless you want to buy food or medicine or something, but you need to ask permission.”

“You need to be careful, Ron. Okay? Promise us,” Christina pouts.

“I haven’t even decided that I’m going yet!” I laugh.

“In case, we just don’t want you to get hurt,” Reese smiles.

“Or to get lost,” Christina giggles.

“Or to betray Jason. You know he loves you, Ron,” Reese says.

“I won’t, don’t worry,” I laugh.

We stop at my house.

“See you guys tomorrow?” I smile.

“Tomorrow.”

“Or come over after dinner?” I smile.

“Sure. Coming, Tina?” Reese asks.

“Yeah, yeah, whatevs. Just call me,” Christina replies, sucking her lollipop.

“Or tweet,” I wink as I open the front door. “Bye.”

Christina lives on the house to our right, and Reese lives at the house in front of ours.

Our parents are close friends too, so they get together a lot.

And when they do, we do so too. J

I step inside, feeling the heel of my ankle boots sinking about half an inch in the soft carpet.