Epilogue ~ A Year Later

(Please listen to above video as you read this last chapter of my Fanfiction. So sad! I don't want it to end..)

CHIHIRO: 

I watched Haku balance our day-old twins in his lap. I smiled at the sight, and I felt so lucky. Even though I had to explain to my parents that I was going away and never coming back, I still felt like I had everything I needed right here in this room. 

"So," Kao said, leaning against the doorway of my room, "you two still don't have any names for them yet?"

Haku and I looked at each other, then at our babies. The boy had dark-green hair, resembling his father. The girl had brown hair with a soft tint of dark-green. 

"The baby girl is going to be named Sen, obviously," he announced, chuckling. "Yubaba and everyone else will be happy to hear that. Sen Lin Nushi."

I laughed along with him. Then, I took the baby boy into my arms and stood from my chair. I walked over to Kao and handed him the baby. He freaked out at first, but he settled down when he got the hang of it. 

"Kao," I declared, "meet your godson. Kaonashi Taichi Nushi."

Kao looked from me to Haku in utter shock. Then, for the first time ever, I watched him cry. But, they were tears of happiness. 

Although he tried to tear me and Haku apart, he is still one of my best friends, and ever since the wedding, he has been a man of his word. Kao is now a fellow worker at the bathhouse, happily earning his own money and giving out his gold to the ones that need it.

I go back to Haku and sit next to him as he holds our daughter. I watch Kao with Kao at the corner of my eye, and it warms my heart. 

Everything that's happened in my life has led me to this very moment, to becoming a spirit, to Haku. I've waited ten long years for a happy life and a family with him, my love, my husband, my Haku.  

And, it's absolutely perfect. 

FIN