Insomniac's Dream

When you have insomnia your never really asleep, and never really awake. You’re always just looking out of the broken back window of hell. You don’t know what’s real and what is a dream…or in my case a nightmare.

 “Damn, damn, damn!”   The empty pill bottle dropped to the floor. I grip the cool sides of the old dirty sink. I’d finished the whole bottle and I still was awake. I raise my head to look into the mirror. Another man stares back at me. The man can’t be Draven Tyler, It just can’t be me. My eyes are not sunken in like his, my skin isn’t pale like his. “This isn’t me!” My forehead clashes with the mirror. I can feel the glass slice through my skin and scrape my skull.

          I pull away from the mirror. Small shards stick sickly with my forehead causing cuts much like the way paper would, only deeper. The once tan tinted sink is coated with blood. I’m dizzy. I Hope that this will cause me to pass out so I stumble towards my bed that’s in the other room. The room is black as pitch; the only light comes from the small one in the bathroom. I get about two feet away and I fall to the floor face down. I can feel the glass being pushed deeper in my skin and closer to my skull. I push myself away from the floor

          A small pool of blood had already stained the dirty white carpet.  I find myself bowing at the open window.  Outside the moon is full and the trees dance below it. A cool summer breeze flows into my room. It dry’s the blood on my forehead, but only momentarily before new blood spills fourth from the gashes.  The moon and the walls of my room start spinning. Even on my hand and knee’s balance is impossible. I don’t realize I’m falling over till the side of my face smacks with the floor. Though the floor is carpeted it is still enough to cause significant pain.

          This time I’m too weak to push myself off the floor. I simply lay there, watching the moon, trying to feel the light it admits. Slowly I notice my vision is starting to blur. I’m getting cold, I don’t think it’s because the window is open. I know I have lost a lot of blood, at this point I don’t care. At least this way I can finally sleep. Slowly darkness begins to consume me and I feel so numb I can’t move a single finger. I simply let it take me away as unconsciousness takes me.