14. " Incoming Storm "

Start from the beginning

"Yuuki-chan! How are you feeling?", she asked.

Yuuki gave her thumbs up with a grin on her face. Then she turns to Toushiro and tugs on his clothes. Knowing what was on her mind, he sighs.

"It may be dangerous so just stay within my sight, got it?", Toushiro firmly said.

Yuuki cheerfully nods with a smile on her face.

"That's right! Only Yuuki-chan has the ability to cure them! I believe you can do it, have confidence in yourself.", Orihime said as she pats her on the shoulder.

Yuuki nods at everyone and smiles at them. Then she holds Toushiro's hand hinting him that she's ready to go.

"Good luck you two.", Orihime cheerfully said.

*******

Upon arriving at Soul Society, Toushiro and Yuuki immediately noticed the commotion.

"What's going on here?!", Toushiro asked one of the fleeing Shinigamis.

"Sir! Thank goodness you're back! The Substitute Soul Reaper is on a rampage! We were ordered to restrain him but he's too strong! We're calling for backup!"

Hearing this, Yuuki immediately rush to where the chaos was coming from.

"No need to call backup I'll handle it, you guys help the injured.", Toushiro firmly said.

"Yes sir!"

Toushiro easily catches up to Yuuki.

"I'll try to subdue him first, when I give the signal, cure him."

She nods at him with confidence. When they arrived at the scene they saw Ichigo running amok. A Hollow mask has started to form covering the left side of his face and his eyes were red. He immediately fired the moment he saw them.

"Getsuga Tensho!!"

Toushiro easily dodged the attack and landed on a rooftop carrying Yuuki by the waist.

"His Hollow powers might have sped up the transformation, we need to hurry.", Toushiro mumbled.

He flash-stepped in front of Ichigo but he didn't seem to notice him as he preys on other Shinigamis.

"Kurosaki!!!", he yelled to get his attention.

Ichigo notices him and immediately charges at him. Toushiro instantly created an ice wall.

"Soten ni zase, Hyorinmaru!"

Using the chain-blade he managed to entangle Ichigo and freezes his entire body. Thinking he's now under control, Toushiro called onto Yuuki. She didn't waste any second and rushes towards Ichigo. Then, releasing large amount of his Reiatsu, Ichigo broke free from the ice. He immediately launched an attack on her, Toushiro didn't have the time to react. The explosion created a wall of smoke, he and the other Shinigamis anxiously wait for it to clear.

"Yuuki! Kurosaki!", Toushiro called with a worried tone in his voice.

As the smoke clears, he saw Yuuki supporting an unconscious Ichigo. Ichigo somehow subconsciously diverted his attack by an inch at her side. Unable to support his weight anymore, they both tumble. She then looks at Toushiro and nods at him, hinting him that everything is alright now.

"Are you hurt?", he asked as he stretches his hand to her.

She shakes her head no and takes his hand.

"I knew you could do it.", he said and smiles lightly.

She was oblivious that a smile formed her lips as well and blushes lightly.