Part Four

They finally got back to Yang's room, collapsing onto the bed. Blake stared at the ceiling. "That was actually great fun. And I got work done. We should do that again some time."

"Definitely. I mean, I actually learned something."

"Yeah? What?"

Yang grinned deviously. "That someone took religious studies way too seriously."

They fell quiet for a moment, both wondering where this was leading. Yang broke the silence. "Hey, Blake?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I teach you how to swing dance?"

Blake suddenly felt quite warm, but she didn't see any reason to reject the idea. "Yeah. Why not."

Yang got up, pulled Blake off the bed, and put an arm around her waist. Blake had forgotten how much she was affected by this physical closeness. She could control herself when she was simply in Yang's presence, but oh God, with Yang's arm around her waist like that, her stomach tied itself in knots, and the back of her neck burned. "This is, um...this is the closed position," Yang said quietly. "It's a bit easier for me to lead like this. Is that okay?"

"Um...yeah. Yeah, it's fine." It's perfect.

Yang swallowed hard and nodded. "Ok. Do you remember...?"

"Vaguely. You step back, don't you?"

"Yeah, rock step."

"Which foot was it?"

"Left."

Blake nodded, her pulse racing. Yang didn't move. "Do we need music or..."

"Nah. Should he fine. Okay, rock step..."

It didn't take long for Blake to remember how to do this. But this time, something seemed different. This time, she was somehow more aware of Yang holding her, Yang brushing against her, Yang's breath on her cheek and neck. Everything was silent, except for their rapid breathing, and Yang murmuring 'rock step, triple step' under her breath. The blonde's unusual eyes seemed alive, with deep reds dancing within them.

Suddenly, Blake stumbled, loosing track of which foot was which. Yang held her up, stopping her from falling. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

Blake finally dared to look at Yang - right at her. Yang gazed back, silently. God, they were so close. Blake's hands were shaking, and she felt incredibly warm all over. It wasn't terribly unfamiliar, but it was still terrifying. Because she didn't know if Yang felt the same way.

So much emotion laced Yang's expression. Blake could almost watch her fighting with herself, conflicting emotions fighting each other. Then she suddenly closed her eyes, her eyebrows knotted together, her head turned away. "I'm sorry. I am. I-I just need to-"

And then Yang leant in, and their lips met.

The first thing Blake felt was shock. Complete and utter shock. Sure, she's had her suspicions that Yang might be interested, but his was so sudden. She was so unprepared - she didn't know what to do, how to respond. It felt so perfect, so stunning. Much to Yang's surprise, she tightened her grip on the blonde's waist, pulling their hips together.

Yang, who'd probably had a lot more experience in this area, responded, moving one hand up Blake's back, spiralling deeper into the embrace. It felt so good, so right. But soon, for Blake at least, it felt unnaturally long. She pulled away, and placed her head on Yang's shoulder, hugging her.

Yang couldn't speak for a couple of minutes. "Y-you-"

"Mm-hm."

"You actually-"