"Thank you, Mr. Oakland. You look well yourself," I remark nicely.

I gripped the cuffs, forcing my sinful mouth shut. One disrespectful word from my mouth and he'd lock me in here for months. He slid a large metal key, out of his trousers, he reached above my head to unlock the silver cuffs. Mr. Oakland took his gracious time, careful to not touch the silver, once the cuffs were off he smiled.

"Dinner will be prepared shortly, my love." He licked his lips, his lust evident in his brown eyes.

__________

Mr. Oakland lived in a mansion, many girls, rumoured that he had fallen from one of the Alpha bloodlines. From years of being kept captive, I had learnt of his mate — A she wolf incapable of carrying a pup. Some say, she still lives, locked away, in a room somewhere in the house. I couldn't blame anyone — Mr. Oakland has always requested an extra plate of food being prepared and left. He spends most of his day, locked away in the west wings of the house, or downstairs.

I slowly, trailed behind him my muscles still incompetent to do any sort of work. The basement was cold — freezing, it was more like a jail. Rooms upon rooms trailed down the hallway, dingy cells, to isolate those who were disobedient the floors were concrete, the walls unpainted — but it always smelt of blood and sweat. He had never requested anyone to have down here cleaned: ever.

Finally, we reached the end of the hallway, I gripped the railing to help me up the staircase, light peaked through the bottom of the door. Mr. Oakland shuffled through his pocket for a key, when he found it, he wasted no time in opening the door. My eyes, were met with another set of doors that he opened too — he flung the door open and walked away.

But — then he stopped.

"Next time, your punishment will be worse.." He warned. "I reward good girls and, well, — You know what happens to the bad ones." With this final warning he strutted away, clean black suit fitted his retreating figure.

I ringed my fingers together, curious to find my friend Sienna — I hadn't seen her since last week, maybe I'll find her later. I wandered into the kitchen, determined to find something to fill my stomach. I swung the kitchen door open, freezing when I heard whispering. "One of the girls here is of high power.." A girl mumbled harshly, "I believe there is one more..." I knocked on the door, interrupting there conversation.

They immediately, ended their conversation and tilted their head to face me — I recognized both of the girls in the kitchen, Alex and Mack. I smiled softly, and wandered to the cupboard to find crackers. They didn't return my smile, instead they continued their cleaning — allowing the silence to be awkward.

I wandered to the oak cupboard picking up a bag of crackers, my stomach still too weak to ingest anything heavy. I brought the crackers to the wooden table, seating myself down on one of the chairs, I heard light sweeping, but no more talking. It wasn't strange for, Alex and Mack to keep secrets, but it did make it harder to find out what had happened in the last few days if no one was willing to talk.

I heard the kitchen door, swing open and the chatter of exiting feet. I nibbled on my crackers, fidgeting on a crumb, my heart still heavy for Ver. I glanced up, when I heard the creaking of a chair, Alex. She smiled warily, her soft auburn hair tucked away in a bun, she gazed at me with warm hazel eyes. I chewed the last of my snack, smiling at her in return.