When the bell rang, I packed up slowly and watched Skyler walk coolly out of the classroom. He had on black Converse, like me, and black skinny jeans with a plain black top and leather jacket. I walked out the classroom and I felt something hit my back. I looked around and saw a group of cheerleaders and, what I guessed was, the football team stood in a group leaning against a wall. I looked at them and unfolder the paper aeroplane that had hit my back. I read it slowly, feeling the tears building up in my eyes.

Emo! Cutter! Go back to where you came! We don’t want you! It said. I looked back at them, they were laughing at me except for one of the boys. I looked away as the tears started to fall. I ran down the hall carrying my books in my arms and sped up as they shouted after me. I had heard it all before but it hurt even more each time, the feeling that no one would accept you anywhere. I turned the corner and ran into someone. I crouched down to pick up the books which I’d dropped but whoever I’d run into had already got them. I stood up and looked at the person. It was Skyler.

‘Thanks,’ I told him and reached out to take them back but he grabbed my hand.

‘Whats wrong?’ he asked concerned

‘Nothing,’ I replied quickly

‘Don’t lie to me, Zandy, you’re crying,’ he said and reached his other hand up to brush a tear away.

‘Its just teasing,’ I muttered

‘Whos teasing you?’ he asked

‘Just, well, pretty much everyone,’ I sighed ‘But I’m used to it by now,’ He started pulling me down the hall ‘Where are we going?’

‘To my locker and then you’re eating lunch with me,’ he told me.

‘Its fine, I can eat alone,’ I protested ‘You can sit with your friends,’ I added.

‘No, we are eating together,’ he demanded

‘Why?’ I asked confused.

‘Because, I remember what it’s like to be teased and if your with me no one will dare,’ he winked at me and I laughed.

‘Fine, I cant argue with that I guess,’ I said and let him drag me to his locker, which was a few away from mine, so I put my books and bag in mine before Skyler took my hand again and we walked to the dining hall. 

When we were sat down, we started talking. He asked about my life and I told him everything except THAT. I didn’t want him thinking I was crazy or a freak already. As we were eating I noticed a table with the most random group of people sat at it. I looked at it again. I reconised a few of the people. Skyler noticed me looked.

‘It’s strange, right?’ I nodded ‘they are all really close friends and they never let anyone else sit with them. They have known each other since birth and are like a group but they sometimes don’t hang around together at school except at lunchtime,’ he told me. I nodded again. There were four boys and three girls. I reconised one girl with glasses and dark brown hair from my English and Maths class and a blonde haired girl who was with the cheerleaders and the boy with the football team who wasn’t laughing at me. There was also a girl with brown hair and bright red and blue streaks in it, a boy with dark red hair and two guys holding hands, one blonde and one dark haired.

‘So are any of them together?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, Damen and Jasper, the two holding hands. Damen’s gay and Jasper is bi. Sebes is dating Seawillow (A/N Just for my biatches sarah and heather) . Sebes is captain of the football team,’ he replied.

‘So Seawillow? Shes the cheerleader?’ I asked him

‘No, that’s Lorelei. Seawillow is the one with glasses. The other guy is Alec, typical bad boy player but he’s not allowed to go with anyone in the group or it might cause fallouts and stuff,’ I realised Skyler knew a lot about them and there was just one more question.

‘Does someone else usually sit with them? There’s one extra seat,’

‘Oh yeah there’s another guy,’

‘Who is it?’ I asked hoping I wasn’t being too nosy.

‘Me,’ I gaped at him

‘Um, okay,’ The bell rang signalling the end of lunch. Skyler stood up.

‘C’mon, I’ll walk you to class,’ I followed him out the dining room and he rested his arm around my shoulders. We reached the door of my next class and he moved his arm. He leaned forwards and kissed my cheek before handing me a piece of paper.

‘Call me,’ he winked and walked back down the hall.

A/N hope you enjoy

SOng of the the chapter is Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides. If you watch the video it sort of fits the scene as it has a guy who is teased and called ean emo and cutter etc in it 

Okay love ya if you are still reading LOL

Emily x