Chapter One

Emily

I woke up to being hit in the face with a pillow. Hard.

I rolled over, and shooed the person away, of whom I was sure was my sister, Sarah. But, of course, being the loving sister that she is, she kept hitting me with the pillow.

I sat up and grabbed the pillow as it was swinging towards me. I glared at her, while she gave me a small smirk. She let go of the pillow, and I pushed it behind me so she couldn't get to hit.

'You're going to be late for school,' she signed. I rolled my eyes. School wasn't an easy thing, especially for the deaf girl. 'Come on, Mom made breakfast.'

I practically rolled out of bed while Sarah walked out of the room. I saw that she was already dressed, ready for her first day of her senior year. I, however, looked like I crawled out of the sewer.

I trudged down the stairs to see my mom making pancakes, while my dad had his arms wrapped around her waist. I could tell they were talking about something, and that something was probably me.

They turned around, noticing me. They were werewolves, so they probably heard my footsteps.

'No, go get dressed first,' my mom signed. 'Then you can have pancakes.'

I groaned, I think, while turning around to walk back up the stairs. I quickly threw some clothes on while pulling my long blonde hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and applied a little bit of mascara. I ran downstairs to see Sarah, pacing.

'We need to go, now,' she signed urgently. 'Eat in my car.'

I grabbed a poptart, sad that I couldn't eat any of my mom's pancakes, but I knew it was my fault. Then again, Sarah wanted to get there a hour early so we could make sure my teachers knew about my "condition." Personally, I thought it was stupid, I can tell them when I walk into the classroom, but my parents were adamant about it. Plus, we just moved here about a month ago, so we didn't really know where we were going. My parents and Sarah joined the pack here, while I got enrolled in their exclusive all-wolf school. Even if I was just a human.

When we got to the school, Sarah pulled into an empty parking spot towards the front. I sighed and got out of the car. I looked around to find that there were a lot more cars than expected a hour before school starts.

Sarah pulled me to the front office and started speaking to the lady at the front. The lady started nodding and kept talking to Sarah. I turned and looked outside at the people who were coming in. It looked like the first bus had already arrived.

Sarah nudged me. It turned to find the lady looking at me expectantly. I looked towards
Sarah who started signing to me.

'She wanted to know why you are here. I tried explaining but.'

I stopped looking at her hands and at the office lady, who now had a look of distress on her face. Her lips were moving rapidly, to the point where I had trouble keeping up. I looked back at Sarah, who had stopped signing, and her face held a shocked look.

'What is it?" I asked.

'They're a hour ahead of us,' she signed slowly. I felt my face pale.

'Did the bell ring?' I signed. She nodded slowly.

I turned to the lady, who handed me my schedule. I looked at the paper, taking quick note of where it was, and raced out of the office in the direction of the classroom, using the map in the back of it.

I walked into my classroom, suddenly feeling several pairs of eyes on me. More like all of them. I walked to the teacher, who looked like he was getting very frustrated. His mouth was moving so fast, I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. I held up my hand and he stopped, but looking like he was about to blow. His eyes were black, and his wolf was probably ready to kill me for disrespecting him. I pointed to my ears before he could kill me, trying to explain. His face went from angry to confused really fast.