Chapter 42

The journey begins

I shook commander Sharp's hand and introduced myself, he smiled, "You boys are just in time to see the launching for the maiden voyage of this beauty." He gestured to the entire bridge and I nodded, Sharp's blue eyes seemed to hide something behind them, and his dark hair looked greasy. I wasn't sure if I liked the guy or not, but he's down two points for hygiene.

He turned and took his place in the captains chair, status HUDs immediately filling the air in front of him.
"Prep engines, seal all exterior bay doors and prepare for disembarking of the station."

A holographic diagram appeared on one of the windows and showed two large clamps holding the ship near its midsection, commander sharp examined it for a moment and when the crew said everything was ready he called out, "Release clamps, strafe out to starboard side and accelerate forward, notify me when we have reached minimum safe distance for warp."

I heard a simple 'aye sir!' From someone at a command counsel, but couldn't tell who it was, I was tapped on the shoulder and turned around to face Pix, "We need to clear the bridge, security reasons, but I'll take you to you're room now." I nodded, "sounds good, I need some rest."

I followed Pix down an immensely complex series of twists and turns through halls, and eventually found ourselves in front of a simple metal door, painted over diagonally with the number "77" in white. Pix turned back to me, "you can just swipe Tom over the card reader, for security purposes we've set the reader to accept a signal from Tom that he can emit, though normally it is used for other, more tactical uses." He shook my hand and I nodded, too exhausted to ask questions as I stepped up to the reader, swiping Tom and collapsing on a bed as the door slid shut on Pix's retreating shadow.

---------------A/N-----------------
I know this is short but I'm doing my best with the time I've got, I promise I'll retry to get more content out!
Thanks for all the support!