13. " Growing Feelings "

Comincia dall'inizio

"You know how to get out of here, right?"

~Yes, but I don't know where or when we might end up.~

She wrote at the palm of his hand with her index finger.

"Anywhere is better than here I suppose."

Yuuki nods and started to concentrate. The light between her palms suddenly engulfed both of them. The next thing they knew is that they were at a familiar place.

"My guess is we ended up in the past, I know this place. We found you not far from here about fifty years ago."

Yuuki knew what he was talking about and tries to find clues about her. She tried to go to the house but Toushiro grabbed her by the arm. Moments later, Haru came into sight yelling, calling for their dad.

"We shouldn't show ourselves or else we might change history that might affect the future."

Yuuki nods with a sad look on her face. Then Toushiro suddenly collapsed and looks like he's in pain.

"I-Its... happening... again.", he stammered.

She looks at him filled worry as she doesn't know what to do. Her head started to throb a little as well. Then she noticed that Toushiro was starting to fade. Having no other choice she tried to show herself to Haru in hopes that he might know a way to save him. However, she saw a shadow sneaking behind him and tried to warn him as she tries to yell but to no avail. So she tried to run towards him but he was already stabbed from behind. She stopped on her tracks as the shadow started to take form as someone she knew. The attacker kicked Haru's back pulling out his sword from him in the process. As Haru faces the attacker as he staggers and said...

"S-Shin... jo...n--"

Yuuki fell on her knees and can't believe her eyes as Shinjo with an evil smile on his face watches as Haru slumps to the ground. The black mist slowly scattered around them then Haru and Shinjo disappeared within the black mist. Yuuki started to cry hysterically as she couldn't believe what just happened. She regained her composure upon remembering Toushiro needed some urgent help and went back to his side.

(What should I do... what should I do!? Shiro..! ), Yuuki frantically thought.

She clenched her fists and tries to calm herself down.

(I should take him back to Soul Society. I hope I can find someone from there.)

So she tried to make him stand as she supports him with his arm over her shoulders. Luckily, he was still able to at least stand but not without support. Then she saw a mysterious old lady out of nowhere.

"Child, you shouldn't be here. You must go back to your time, you endanger your whole existence travelling to the past where you exist. A soul cannot occupy two places or bodies at the same time. Your past self right now must be unconscious.", she said.

(What should I do? I don't how to get back. If we go back through the Abyss we might get lost in time.), she thought.

"If you two came from the Abyss unharmed then you two must be special."

Yuuki was taken aback.

(Did you just....?)

"Read your mind? Yes dear, I just did."

Yuuki gapes at the old lady but instantly shakes her head and focus on getting Toushiro some help.

(Can you help us?)

"That's why I'm here. I'll take you back to your time and bestow my powers to you."

(Thank you but getting back is my priority right now.)