[Closed] August 14, 2015 - High School / College AU Contest

It's Back to School season! As a final hurrah before going back to the grind, Wattpad is hosting a scholastic-themed High School / College AU Contest. 

What Do I Write About?

We're challenging Wattpadders to write their very own college or high school alternate universe starring their favorite ship (bring on the feels!). Stories can be multiple parts, but no more than 10,000 words. All fandoms are welcome, of course.

What is a High School / College AU?

High School AU is a fanfiction story that is set in the alternate universe of high school. College AU is a fanfiction story in which characters that aren't canonically attending school go to college or university.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "collegeau" or "highschoolau" (depending on which one your fic is). The deadline for submissions is Thursday August 27th at 11:59 PM EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you're writing about in brackets. You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday August 14th, and ending Thursday August 27th at 11:59 PM EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on September 4th.

Prizes

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the College AU / High School AU Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to an appropriately-themed reading list, and be mentioned on our Fanfic Twitter channel.