Gone. - Chapter 3.

I was thinking about how my life was going to be here and if I was going to be free again some day as someone suddenly unlocked my door.

I looked up and there was a woman standing on the other side of my door, not Jake.

"Who are you?" The woman didn't answer. She just told me to come outside.

The woman didn't look like she was the same age as the other two men I had met. She looked like she was between 20 and 25 years old. Her hair was blonde and only down to her shoulders but it looked beautiful. She was about the same height as me but much thinner. 

It looked kind of unhealthy. 

But, nevertheless, she was gorgeous and the blue shirt she was wearing made her blue eyes pop. Her shoes, however, weren't as nice. They were worn-out and her jeans had huge holes in them.

I walked in the same direction as Matthew's "office" was but she held me back.

"The dining room is this way," she pointed towards the opposite direction. I followed her as she showed me the way. I noticed that all the chambers were empty, no one in them.

Suddenly she stopped and I bumped into her. "Sorry," I mumbled.

"The dining room is in there," she pointed at the door on the left. There were four. I hadn't seen these when I first came down here almost two days ago. I couldn't believe that it had only been two days, it felt like I had been down here for a lifetime.

The woman leaned to my ear and whispered, "Eat as much as you can and don't trust anyone." I could feel her warm breath and it gave me chills. What did she mean? And why shouldn't I trust anyone?

"What do you-" I started but she had already left.

As I slowly walked to the door I heard noises. So instead of opening the door right away I leaned my ear against it to understand what they were talking about. I heard laughter, people talking and the sound of them eating which made my stomach growl. I decided to finally step in.

Just as my hand reached the doorknob someone opened the door.

"Oh!" The girl in front of me was just as surprised as I was.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologised.

"No, I am sorry! It's my fault!" She smiled. It seemed genuine and I instantly liked her without even knowing a single thing about her.

So I asked, "what's your name?" "I'm Four. What about you?" "Oh no I mean your real name? You guys don't actually call each other by these silly numbers, do you? I mean what do they even mean-" She put her hand on my mouth and shut me up. "Don't say that! Especially not when you're in a room with so many snitches," she shoved me to the wall and looked at the girls with a disgusted face.

"But these numbers aren't who we are," I now whispered, "I don't even know what they mean. Do you?" She nodded. "Well then tell me?" I was dying to know what they mean and why I'm a ten.

"I can't tell you here," she looked around like she was checking if anyone was watching us, "I don't know why but I like you so let's meet here in the dining room at 10PM, alright? It'll be empty by then," She talked so quietly I almost couldn't understand what was saying. 

As she passed me to go to wherever she was headed before she bumped into me, I remembered that there was a problem with our meeting. 

"Wait!" She turned round, "I can't come there since my door will be locked!" I told her as quiet as I possibly could. 

"That won't be a problem," her lips formed into a smirk, "just be awake by 10PM, alright?" I nodded and she walked away.

My stomach's growl reminded me of what I was doing before I met Four. It felt weird to call a person a number.