Chapter 4

Rewind. Play. Pause.

Don't you wish you had the power to do all three?

Every day is a new start, they say, and when in reality everyday's the same.

Excluding the fact I saw my step­father making out with someone on the couch, perfectly dragged against each other like they were back in high school, it was beyond awkward and
disturbing that I couldn't resist from bursting out laughing.

The next day of school, the seventh of November was different. Alex was in one of his many moods.

Do you know what this means?

I'm going to be dead.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

I prepped myself, taking in steady breaths.

There's going to be Nutella later, chocolate, Netflix..

My heart was going in overdrive and I felt like I was gonna faint in any second.

Netflix.. Thump. .

Popcorn. Thump. Thump

Harry Styles. Thump. Thump.Thump.

Something for god sake's that is happy.

Happy thoughts.

This was my method to prevent myself from using my pants as a toilet.

In other words shitting on my pants and having a heart attack.

As my eyes landed on Alex Blake, his face was was flustering red. Angry my arse, he looked livid almost like he could snap someone's neck for glancing at him the wrong way.

I shook my head. He could go to helll for all I care.

"Oh I'm sorry." The person who bumped into me said. It was a girl with grey eyes and freckles that
littered across her cheeks. Wild curly hair at the nape of her neck.

She looked so innocent and pure.

"It's okay." I smiled in understanding.

"I'm Bea, by the way," she grinned, dimples showing. "Oh my god, you're Angel right?Oh my gosh.."

This feels like you're suddenly discovering your father is a famous figure.

"Um yeah." I nodded awkwardly.

"You're the one that always has bruises all over your face. " Her eyes widen at her sudden bluntness. Who doesn't want to be known for having bruises due to abuse? This is just the perfect life I've always dreamt of. I'm sorry, but you're well-­known here, and I've always wanted to talk to you."

"Thank you?" I stated, more of a question than an actual answer.

Her eyes widened."No! I'm not in love with you. I have a boyfriend -he's so adorable by the way," Her eyes brightened suddenly, and then as if she remembered I was there, she flushed."It's just I'm writing an article about bullying. I haven't started yet, but if you're interested I'd like to share your story."