Chapter 9: The truth

Start from the beginning

“They’re kinda giving each other spaces for a while until their heads get cooler.” 

“Seriously? Quentin Flynn, my brother, son of James Flynn and Jeanna Flynn, the guy who can get any girl he wants…can’t even get a simple blind girl?” Quinn said with furrowed eyebrows.

“Hey, she’s not just some simple blind girl.” He pointed.

“Whatever man, I’m going home to watch TV.” He said.

“By the way, don’t you have school?”

“Well, obviously I don’t.” he said.

“Ugh, fine, go.” He said rolling his eyes at him as he leaves.

Meanwhile with Claira, she was walking in the hallway reading the schedule that was on her hands, then she suddenly bumped into Quinn…

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” she said quickly.

“Oh, hey Claira.” He spoke.

“Which one are you? Cause your voices really sound alike.” She asked with a smile.

“It’s me, Quinn.” He chuckled.

“Oh, hey…” She greeted. “Where are you heading?” she asked.

“I’m going home to watch TV.”

“Aaaw, okay I guess I’ll see you next time.” She smiled.

“Okay.” He said. Claira hugged him and pulled away after a few seconds.

A week later, 3 days before Claira’s operation…

“Claira come down to the living room please honey.” Claira’s mother called from downstairs.

“Okay mom, just a sec.” she answered. She went downstairs as quick as she could.

“What is it mom?” she asked.

“Well, Quentin’s here to take you out.” She said.

“Quentin? Hey!” she exclaimed.

“Hi, how are you? It’s been a while since I saw you.” He said.

“Yeah, I’m good as always, how about you?” she asked back.

“I’m awesome, do you mind me taking you out today?”

“Oh, no not at all, just let me change my clothes first.” She said as she ran back to her room carefully. After changing her clothes they went out to an unfamiliar place to Claira.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“We’re going to my aunt’s café, I’m taking you there again when you get your new eyes.”

“Why is that?”

“Because you will be shocked of the view that they have there.”

“Cool, are we there yet?” she asked.

“Almost almost.” He chuckled. When they got there, Quentin introduced Claira to his aunt and uncle who runs the two story café, Quinn was also there helping. Few minutes later they decided to sit down at the second floor near by the balcony where you can a see a view worth seeing.

“The wind feels so great here.” She said.

“And view is amazing too…”

“I can’t wait to see it.” She giggled.

“So, how are you and Ashton?”

“We’re fine, we broke up.”

“W-what? How is that fine?” he asked.

“I’m just kidding!” Claira laughed.

“Oh, so where is he?” Quentin asked.

“He’s at his grandparent’s house.”

“Oooh.” He nodded. Quentin just wanted to burst out in front of her and tell her all about Ashton’s dark side, but he didn’t want to ruin a perfect day for her.

“Uuum…Claira, I wanna ask you something.” Quentin spoke hesitantly.

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Well, did you ever think that Ashton might be cheating on you?” he asked.

“Well, Yes.” Claira nodded.

“Really?” he raised his head.   

 “Yeah.”

“Then why are you still with him for the past 3 years?”

“Because I haven’t proved it yet.”

“oh, well how do you know he’s the one?” he asked again.

“I don’t…”

“What? But you said that he was…”

“I know what I said.” She cut him off.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I think I’m taking it back now, I can’t trust him anymore.”

“Why is that?”

“Well, first of all, it’s been really hard to communicate with him, and second, he’s been drinking a lot with the guys lately, third, I’m tired of pretending.”

“Pretending?” he asked.

“Pretending to believe Ashton really loves me.”  

“Why would you say that?”

“Because I know he’s only taking pity on me because I’m blind.”

“So, what are you going to do?” he asked.

“Maybe I should break up with him.”

“That’s right!” he exclaimed then Claira looked at him with shocked eyes.

“I-I mean...I’m so sorry you have to do this.” He said with a weak voice.

“Quentin, is there something you’re not telling me?” Claira asked.

“Uuuh, well, no.”

“You’re lying, tell me what it is.”

“I told you, it’s nothing.”

“Quentin! Just tell me! What do you know about Ashton!” she almost shouted.

“Alright, alright! Ashton HAS been cheating on you, he told me you will never be normal with those eyes so when you get your new pair of eyes, he’ll stop cheating on you.” He said. He saw how Claira’s eyes went to full shock.

“How long was it when he told you that?”

“2 weeks ago. Claira, I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t because, I knew how you’re going to be hurt, and I don’t want that.”

“It’s painful enough that Ashton is cheating on me, but you keeping this secret from me? Quentin how could you?” she asked as tears fell from her eyes.

“That’s the point, that’s why I didn’t tell you, cause I knew I’d hurt you.”

“Well what did you expect? I’ll be proud that you said it? Of course I’ll be hurt either you tell me or not. Quentin I trusted you, you were my best friend, how could you keep this from me?” she said as she cried in front of him.

“Claira…”

“You know…It would’ve hurt less if you just told me earlier, I can’t believe you…” she whispered with a sniff. She searched her way down and attempted to go outside. When she got out of the place, she got pulled by someone.

“Claira where are you going?” he asked.

“Go away Quentin I don’t want to hear from you ever again.” She said.

“What? No it’s me Quinn.” He said. Claira stopped and wiped her tears away.

“Why are you crying?” he asked pulling Claira closer to him, he stared at her red face and teary eyes, he tucked some of her hair behind her ear and finally, he hugged her.

“Tell me what happened.” He said caressing Claira’s head…