chapter 5

I went to the In-N-Out drive through for lunch yesterday and I couldn't help but think of little Neil.

"Have a nice day," I mumbled at the annoying kid driving recklessly away from me, almost hitting an old dude at the stop sign.

I'm distracted from my thoughts of the annoying kid by murmuring on the other end of my ear piece, signaling there was someone waiting to order. "Hi welcome to In-N-Out, order whenever you're ready."

"We'll have two burgers please, fries, a Dr. Pepper and a Coca Cola."

"Okay that'll be $10.50, pull up to the next window to pay and pick up your food."

I was a little surprised to hear British accents, since we are in California, but I'm Irish and I ended up here so I really shouldn't be that surprised.

An old, dark blue mom van pulls up, with a, not gonna lie, a pretty attractive guy driving. He had major bed head, an Adidas sweatshirt on, and bright blue eyes. The other guy next to him was pretty good looking too, except he looked like he actually tried to look decent, with perfect hair and a button up shirt. "Ah a fellow man from across the Atlantic! How did an Irishman show up here in sunny California?"

I smile back, answering, "I could ask the same, how did you two British folks end up here?"

"Well, my pal Louis and I happen to be going on a trip around America, this is our first stop. After a couple more weeks here, we're heading to Vegas."

The bed head one, Louis, smirks, and interjected, "Vegas was my idea," he squints at my name tag, "Neil."

I look at him closely and reply back, "Vegas is fun, Lewis."

He glares at me and the other guy answers, "Sory," he looks at my name tag as he leans across Louis, "Niall. Louis is a sassy little thing."

"Liam, no one cares."

"But I think Niall does, dear Louis."

I laugh at their banter, "You guys arguing with each other reminds me of my roommate and I, he's very argumentative."

Liam smiles, "The FOUR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) of us should get together to maybe, I dunno, watch a football match Saturday?"

"Chad's not a huge sports fan." Louis gawks at me, "Is something wrong with this Chad?"

I smile, "Nope, he just likes to watch America's Next Top Model."

Louis looks at me like I have three heads and shakes his head. Liam butts in, "Still though! We should hang out this up coming weekend! Would two Sunday afternoon work?"

I think about it, trying to remember if Chad and I had anything planned that day, coming up with nothing. I smile at the two guys and reply, "That should be perfect! Here-," I write my number and address on a piece of scrap paper and had it to Liam.

I hand them their order and Louis yells out the window right before they pull away, "See you Sunday mate!"

I sigh as I look after their hideous mom mobile.

I hope Chad's alright with me not watching re-runs of America's Next Top Model with him on Sunday.

++

Sorry it's literally been a month since I've last updated! This school year is so hectic already, PLUS I went to my third OTRA date a couple weeks ago (Chicago), and had FRONT FREAKING ROW. So I've been trying to recover from that also. Sorry this chapter sucks butt, I tried.

I'm happy to finally get some of the other boys in this, hope it wasn't too soon into the story.

Love you guys! Thanks for reading and voting!